HWBOT Community Forums

wprime without screenshot after 1-1-2008

maxine

Are this valid values (submited after 1-1-2008) with no screenshot and only checksum?. I can submit valid checksums with other versions (fastest than 1.55), so really think screenshot with CPUZ (cpu and mem) must be mandatory!!!!.

Examples of doubt submissions:

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=819944

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=758069

No. read the rules.

Any online wPrime 32M submission must comply to the following rules:

* You must use the wPrime v1.55 version

* choose 32M calculation

* have a valid screenshot (see example below): clearly show wPrime time, processor in CPU-Z,
unless you submitted using the online submission function of wPrime

* use the online submission function of wPrime, with a valid checksum, for top 20 scores

I agree, you can't block scores that were valid at the time of posting. But what you CAN do is change the rules so you need a screenie from now on!;)

Take a look at this one:

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=821928

The ONLY way you can find out if this is a Brisbane, Windsor or the UNRELEASED and VERY, VERY rare Toledo version is to look at his other submissions and note that there is an x2 5000+ Brisbane core submission or two there. If this user would have 500 submissions, it would be impossible to correct this result. And this is far from the only case, there are alot of submissions for wprime in the x2 4000+ Toledo category. No other scores are in that category. Why? because it doesn't exist;) Still, something makes hwbot think wprime ran one of those non-existant chips.

wPrime is a great app, but the issues make the online submission stuff useless;)

Hwbot, please can you sort this out. :(

I raised this with Massman via PM as long ago as 21st January in order to try and avoid it being public, but nothing has been done.

Now it is public, I am sure there are wprime 2.0 scores being submitted by dishonest people that would want to cheat without being caught. This situation was completely avoidable.

Hwbot, please can you sort this out. :(

I raised this with Massman via PM as long ago as 21st January in order to try and avoid it being public, but nothing has been done.

Now it is public, I am sure there are wprime 2.0 scores being submitted by dishonest people that would want to cheat without being caught. This situation was completely avoidable.

Most people who submit scores like this probably don't know they used an "illegal" version. In 99% of the cases, the newest version is the one you should use. But not in this case;)

I just wonder what to do with the scores that seem too good for the clocks, but only have an online submission. Blocking them because they have too high efficiency is one option, but without proof it's not that easy, perhaps.

I'm not capable of submitting scores using your method, R1ch :(

I can, and no doubt other people can. I would offer to take screenshots for each step but it isn't difficult.

jmke, who is a moderator here on hwbot has said that he knows it can be done - could you not speak with him and come to a decision?

I can not understand why the rules haven't changed yet. Forgive me for starting to bang on about it, but people are getting away with submitting wprime 2.0 scores!

Make the decision to enforce screenshots now, before wprime becomes a complete farce (pre 1.55/1.55/online 2.0). Please.

no good; Wprime author needs to change his code and not deploy/make available unapproved software which submits directly to HWBot. previously he added a version string (v1.43 etc) and from v1.5x it was gone, and v2.0 doesn't do it either; it should be required.

Is there a version string in v1.55? If so, maybe you can block scoreswith NO string that way:)

I don't like this... i tried v2.00 on my dual-Opty 856 server last night, and v2.00 was about a second faster than 1.55... too much to compete if the #1 score is maxed out, but not enough to ban a score if it's used:(

On a side note... I noticed alot of the good wprime scores were done in vista, but when I tried Server 2008 myself my score was about the same as on XP Pro lol. What kind of crazy tweak do people use that shaves off a second or two just like that?:P (or did i disable a process that speeds up things quite bit, perhaps..?)

You can ask for a screenie;)

Here here.

If wprime 2.0 had been made to submit with a version number in the string, then we wouldn't have a problem. As they didn't, and we now have a version of wprime that can 'get around' the hwbot rules, the rules need to be changed. Even if hwbot release a version 2.1, there's still 2.0. If they re-released 2.0, then people would just download un-official mirrors of the 1st 2.0.

All that is future thinking though...what about situation today. Why should it be up to wPrime authors when a screenshot is 100% sufficient proof?

If you're suggesting a screenshot isn't enough proof, then we've got a big problem with a lot of scores.

The rules NEED to be changed, now. If I'm out of order then I hope a hwbot admin will PM me with a good reason.

i thought only 1.55 can submit scores

but online submission make severything easy

every internetcafe i go

i bench wprime and get some scores from there

no need of time,screen or something like that

i think its great

i would be glad if super pi and pifast could do the same

It's not 'still' allowed as it has never been allowed before ;).

Can't any of you just add these two lines to the wprime submission pages:

"From today, 8 march 2009, a screenshot of wprime is now required - any submissions with only a wprime link may be blocked if they're reported"

Seriously, this cheat is so simple and so hard to discover it's a MUST to get it fixed NOW!!! All it takes is to add those words, quite simp,e actually.

Btw, if I start submitting scores by using the online submission system, will I be prone to suspicion because of my whining about wprime? Just asking, as I'm a bit tired of making screenies anyway ;) If I could submit scores directly it would be better.

Edited by knopflerbruce

"From today, 8 march 2009, a screenshot of wprime is now required - any submissions with only a wprime link may be blocked if they're reported"

Seriously, this cheat is so simple and so hard to discover it's a MUST to get it fixed NOW!!! All it takes is to add those words, quite simp,e actually.

Here here.

Should actually be 21st January, which was when I first reported it to hwbot...

Please explain why this is taking so long to sort out, wprime is a joke now with future results having to compete against pre-1.55 scores AND 2.0 scores now.

Hi,

I already asked to give a screenshot with the score of Wprime a long time ago (november 2008)...

http://www.hwbot.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2374

So this took more time than you thought R1ch....

I don't know if a screenshot is now part of the rules, but I think the moderation has now to focus on Wprime more than other benchmark.

Cheers.

anvil

6 wprime 2.0 results reported today...

So everyone knows, via PM on the 8th,

Pushed the thread in the crew forums again; it shouldn't be that difficult to make a screenshot mandatory
Edited by r1ch

• 2 weeks later...

3x wprime 2.0 results reported.

3x suspicious results.

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=834483

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=834390

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=834505

Goodbye wprime credibility.

Note: I'm not saying any one of those results are definitely wprime 2.0 results - but there is no way of knowing they're not.

Edited by r1ch