HWBOT Community Forums

Poll Sharing hardware to boost up you're points

Chiller

NEW rule ? NO hw sharing anymore for 3dmarks ???  

4 members have voted

1. 1. NEW rule ? NO hw sharing anymore for 3dmarks ???

• NO, no sharing anymore, everybody with his own hardware
    • NO, sharing cpu mobo for 3dmarks
    • YES, i do it to, use binned cpu of teammate
    • YES, but nobody needs to know it

Hi guys,

I think it's time maybe to change the rules, how you guys think about that?

the thing is :

When somebody has a good cpu, a binned one like SB 2600K 58x,

and lent his mobo to fellow team members, just plug in another vga,

to get best points in the old 3dmarks.

that's to easy to boost up you're points, because for 3dmarks it's now allowed to share cpu and mobo.

That's a shitty rule.

It's time everybody benches with his own hardware, and not use a golden binned cpu setup for the rest of the team to boost up points with just plug in you're vga.

How you guys think about it?

Edited by Chiller

While I agree that one team being able to all use the same CPU for 01 isn't ideal I think the current rule is about as good as it's going to get with the current verification systems. Even if sharing CPUs wasn't allowed for 3D, people would do it and you would have absolutely no way of proving that they did unless they're stupid.

Also, is it really that common? Most people that find a good cpu are going to keep it for themselves especially given how fragile chips like GT are. Basically, I feel like the rule should stay as is since it at least keeps the playing field level even if it isn't ideal.

Also, there are several people on your team that have 58xx 2600Ks, so feel free to abuse the system all you can :)

Edited by Deux

Also, there are several people on your team that have 58xx 2600Ks, so feel free to abuse the system all you can :)

One cpu 58x mobo circulates in the team, so everybody can make good scores?

I find that not a good rule, when you make a score, submit it to one profile, and not all over a team just swap vga.

Man, Am I glad you left our team.

You would have been on my doorstep the minute that cpu arrived.

1)You ask for reviewsamples and ask others do to de review for you so you can bench and upload the scores to HWbot (and I have that in writing).

2)You ask for reviewsamples in the name of a team you left years ago and your not even a reviewer ?

3)You attend an overclocking event but forgot to put the name of your fellow overclocker on the screen ?

4)You want to attend another overclocking event and if someone states the scores can not be uploaded to hwbot your suddenly not going ?

5)Your RMA got denied and you want to lend a motherboard to submit scores to hwbot (and I have that in writing) ?

6) You start a team and if some of your teammates start getting better scores than you, you report them ?

Do I need to go on ?

Now who's hypocrite ???

If you're so against this rule, would you please remove your scores you uploaded with someone elses hardware ?

Just to make a statement.

Edited by Gamer

hahaha, gamer i know you don't like me, so it's no need to break down another OCer.

That's also something i not do, that's low from you, further i have nothing to say, all my scores are done by me and my hardware i puchase over the years.

RMA didn't get denied, but TOnes shop killed my mobo, i send it in without any visible damage, and get it back with a cpu socket pin missing.

And as for testing and put a small review on forums, i tested it myself, don't worry.

and i don't ask review samples in madshrimps name, don't worry, i'm also glad i left that team. i don't would even think about it to use that name, bah.

And that team i started, nobody else of no bullshit team had better score then me and if so, i did better and go over it again.

And i will get a mobo from alternate for now,

but i just whanted to see if you take the bate if i said something like that and YES, you fall for it hahahahahaah

You make my week !!!!!

If you can say something bad about me, you don't wait for 5sec, i just whanted to see if i was correct.

Like on belgium forums, where ever it is, you also speak bad and break me down, on Tones, tweakers, hwbot etc

is that who you are ?

And what's the problem if i buy hardware and i lent it to somebody else so he can put a review on his forum, so that forum has more info about hw?

It's my hardware so it's normal i overclock it to ?????

And you should go to Professional overclockers because you get almost all you're benching hw from tones for burning it.

@ Tones : you call that an OC event? o my god, my fellow overclocker? he didn't even know what multiplier of a cpu was of how to put a fan @ 100% and was more away taliking to others, so i was alone on the air cooled setup. i wasted a day then.

Edited by Chiller

Sure I did, you opened up a jar, thank you for that.

Never posted one word about you untill now.

You were getting on my nerve since you made several posts about me because your RMA got denied.

And sure, they pulled out a pin, right...

You buy hardware straight from the manufacturer and lend it out do to reviews?

Hahahaha, good one !

i don't recall i mentioned you're name there,

you should read good instead of making asumpions.

and if i did name you, then i'm sorry for that,

then you can quote me if i don't recall.

And i didn't say they pull out a pin, read topic better.

I had problems with mobo , no visible damage to board.

when i get it back a cpu socket pin was missing.

and if i recall good i even said something like :

It's possible that that pin was loose before, good contact bad contact, and with moving the board it's possible to fall out.

i had problems, bad contact?

they didn't had a problem, good contact?

Getting the board back home, pin fall out?

that's my idea of it, but it did happen, so i'm waiting for Tones to answer how it goes now, because when i brought my mobo, NO VISIBLE damage, so i claimed my RMA.

From tones to me pin missed, so not my fault, and still whant a new mobo.

And about the review, if i have hardware of some K euro's, and the site is just starting as friends favour, yes i lented as long he did use my OC settings.

Like my SR-2, yes i lented for review, so he had big ass hw as review on his site, SR-2 1200w, why not?

so he had a start with reviews to show to manufactures that he can do it.

what's the problem there? i don't see a problem.

We've had this discussion more than once already. The conclusion last time was: although it might be more preferable to disallow any type of hardware sharing in theory, practically it's not possible because 1) there's no mechanism to control what hardware is being used and 2) there are still many ways to work around the system (eg: selling/buying hw within the team).

None of this has changed since the last discussion, so there's no point in discussing it all over again.

We've had this discussion more than once already. The conclusion last time was: although it might be more preferable to disallow any type of hardware sharing in theory, practically it's not possible because 1) there's no mechanism to control what hardware is being used and 2) there are still many ways to work around the system (eg: selling/buying hw within the team).

With that i agree Massman.

Fine, so I'll close the thread then.

As you and Gamer already pointed out: it never really was about changing the rules, but rather trying to settle a personal debate. Whether or not you liked the concept of the Tones OC Academy has nothing to do with hardware sharing rules at HWBOT.