HWBOT Community Forums

ES CPUs allowed at HWBot?

ES is allowed; if you have ES of none released hardware (Gulftown for example) use the "don't participate in HWboints ranking" when you submit:)

@MM can you unlink this thread from my profile? ;)

when it's released, is then the ranking of unreleased hardware automatic changed for ranking and points ?

And when and who makes the choice when it's official for sale ?

• 3 weeks later...
ES is allowed in HWBOT; not in the HWBOT Country Cup and MSI Xtreme Speeder, though.

Ok i have tried to contact some of the people who are administrators/moderators here with one particular question so i will paste my PM here, it doesn't matter [ no dirty laundry here ;]

I can see that you are only moderator on line ( Again : )) so i would like to ask you a few questions about using ES procesors for one regional ASUS competition which shall held in Belgrade- Serbia. AROT 2010. [ Asus Regionalno Overclock Takmicenje 2010]

It would be more than appreciate to contact me if you have a free time, because there are some miss understanding about this issue, cause HWBOT validation is a MUST for the finals...Something similar like GOOC was last year but AFAIK this is only for one region - The Balkans.

Thank you very much I have alraedy tried to contact massman about this thing !

Oki

So if this competition is not officially supported by HWB [ there is no any banner here] my question is simple. Are the ES should be allowed or not. In the mail rule of the competition there is announcement :

11. Zabranjeno je koristiti procesore i grafičke karte koje ne mogu da se nađu u slobodnoj prodaji.

11 . It is not allowed to use processors or graphic cards that are not available in retail.

So when i have contacted the organisator of this event, he says every result must successfully passed on HWBOT and that's it. This is the "catch".. i know there are ES boints floating around here and I need suggestion as soon as possible.

Thank you for your time. If you need any more information regarding my issue, feel free to ask i may copy paste all rules.

ps : We all know that you cannot buy ES in retail, but also HWB is supporting ES as well. And could somebody tell me what is the difference with the HWBOT Country Cup and MSI Xtreme Speeder and this Asus regional competition. IMHO there are no differences.

Edited by Oki

• Crew

Toki, is this:

ES is allowed; if you have ES of none released hardware (Gulftown for example) use the "don't participate in HWboints ranking" when you submit:)
clear enough for you?

If you use a ES version of a CPU that is available in retail, it's O.K. The rule is only for the ones, that are not announced officially yet.

Nevertheless, you can upload a submission with, for example Gulftown (only one, the rule is working for the moment). You just have to select a checkbox "do not participate in HWBot rankings" - so you don't get boints, but the result will be shown and submitted.

So, don't worry about this one ;)

There is only one disadvantage in the rule - about the steppings. The C3 stepping of Deneb rips the C2, but they are only going to the market. But the stepping exchange lies in shorter time gap, so it doesn't affect the statistics much.

And could somebody tell me what is the difference with the HWBOT Country Cup and MSI Xtreme Speeder and this Asus regional competition. IMHO there are no differences.
Can somebody tell me what is the difference with AMD and Intel? IMHO, there are no differences - both make CPU's, only the names are a bit different :D

So is your question - yes, all three are competitions and that's all. The organizers are different, the hardware being used is different (though, the vendor competitions are focused on LGA1156 - yeah, it's more promotion and more money from the new boards), the rules are different, the benchmarks are different. I don't see anything common between them except they all are competitions and use HWbot for result submission :D

There's no problem using the HWBOT database for hosting own competitions or using the HWBOT rules as guidelines for your competition, but you can't expect us to moderate your competition. One of the reasons why we've invested in a competition engine is that it's much easier to moderate this kind of competition: we have a shortened list of submissions, so we can check them all manually and remove those that violate the rules of the competition.

If you're not planning on using the competition engine, there's obviously no problem using the HWBOT database or rules. You will have to check the submissions for the competition yourself to check if they are valid or not. With 400/500 results incoming a day, we can't check each.

For the competitions we hosted so far, we've opted twice to not allow engineering samples. This doesn't mean that it'll be a rule in the next competitions, but it certainly makes things more fair. For your competition, you can choose: ES or not.

Thank you very much for prompt response.

I am going to forward this message to them, and I hope ES would not be allowed for competition because it makes things more fair as you said, and also as they cannot be found in the stores.

Our host needs to decide, and not to "throw ball" to HWBOT.

Once again thank you very much.