HWBOT Community Forums

MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr III OC testing ...

Massman

Introduction

April 12.

"It's a burger", she yelled, "it's a crazy burger at the door". Surprised as I was, I immediatly thought about yelling back "do you want fries with that". No, I don't work at McDonalds, but I did follow a course a few years back and this one single sentence stuck with me. I almost went to apply for a job and work for this large and successful multi-national, but then decided it wasn't worth it. Long hours, needy people asking for food ... nope, nothing for me. I like fries, just not enough to be around them all day long.

About 10 seconds later, I found out she was actually yelling "it's a burglar". Stupid me. I should've realized burgers can't knock on the door. It would be cool if they could, though. Well, it would if the burgers would also be able to carry the fries we all want with that. If not, it's just a burger on its own ... worthless meal. Anyway, turned out it wasn't a burglar either, but just the DHL delivery man. The hard aggressive knocking on the door had confused all of us, but given the fact that the doorbell is not working anymore I guess, well, we're probably just a bunch of idiots. Of course the man had to knock. That being said, I also doubt burglars would knock on a door. Only the cool ones would.

Anyway, long story short, here's the MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr III OC

Pictures

1-4.jpg?t=1334227179

th_1-4.jpg th_2-5.jpg th_3.jpg th_4.jpg th_5.jpg

th_6.jpg th_7.jpg th_8.jpg th_9.jpg th_10.jpg

th_11-1.jpg th_12.jpg

Setup

- Bulldozer FX-8150

- Core i7 3930K

- Core i5

- GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD7 (F8m)

- MSI X79A-GD65 (8D) (1.7B2)

- Rampage IV Gene (0701)

- 2x GeIL Evo Corsa GOC38GB2133C9ADC (4x4GB)

- Thortech Thunderbolt 1200W

OC Performance Results: AM3+ Bulldozer

9705-800.png

2151.248-small.png 3825-small.png 9705-small.png 12304-small.png 19570-small.png

22921-small.png 28135-small.png 85302-small.png temp-1164-small.jpg

OC Performance Results: LGA2011

10842-800.png

2318.589-small.png 3831-small.png 10842-small.png 16217-small.png 32820-small.png

39965-small.png 114859-small.png 314983-small.png

OC Performance Results: LGA1155

-woops later-

To end with ...

Using the regular MSI Afterburner the card could be clocked to 1165(1230)/1875 MHz. I haven't pushed the card under nitrogen yet, it's only been lying on the desk for two days. I've got the Epower here, so when I find the time to start digging into that part of the extreme overclocking, I'll try to do that. Also get an 'enhanced' version of Afterburner lying around now ... maybe the card can be pushed a little more on air cooling as well. With +100mV, the maximum temperature was only 50°C, so it seems that there's still lots of headroom :).

Oh right, I'm giving 10/10 to Rachel from MSI for providing me this videocard to test. Great work! :).

msi_award.png

About the award: MMB+ stands for Meaningless Marketer Bonus Plus (meaningless refering to the award, not the marketer!). The award has no value outside this forum and is not related to the product quality in any way. It's merely to please the person who gives me a kit to test and help him/her to show an award to their boss. This way, me not giving a damn about awards will never harm anyone in terms of yearly bonus. If you want to know how the product really is, read the thread and read other reviews. So, seriously, this award is pretty meaningless.