HWBOT Community Forums

PC-Mark05 --> regulate outdated

RoccoESA

We can't increase it just a little bit here and there, that makes no sense. It's better to just leave it at 220, so people who benched it in the past don't get beaten because of a rule change;)

Whys that? It's no different than changing the way hardware points are calculated on older hardware, and nobody hesitated in doing that.

Whys that? It's no different than changing the way hardware points are calculated on older hardware, and nobody hesitated in doing that.

The hardware boint changes doesn't change much, all benchmarks still have the same limits - which means older and newer scores were made using the same set of rules for the benchmarks (more or less). However, when changing the pcmark limit, all scores with 200+ mb/s or so are easily killed by the new 280+mb/s ones (if the limit is 300mb/s). If you can point out a similar change caused by rev. 3, feel free to tell us;)

to exclude and current systems?

PCMark®05 is everything you need to reliably and easily measure the performance of your PC and determine its strengths and weaknesses. With PCMark05, you will be able to select the optimal upgrades for your existing PC, or choose the right new PC that fits your specific needs[/Quote]

Is not a "Nostalgie- Bench" - today's standard-hw can carry more out as specs.

those asks should nevertheless probably read "so people who benched it today and tomorrow don't get beaten because of a rule change"

HWBOT is a forum from yesterday?

or today, or tomorrow or the day after tomorrow ...

the HW becomes ever more efficient - there one cannot hold to old rituals

you changed specs for dual-gpu-card - 4 more fairness - this is the same.

do not forget please: today's standard-hw can carry more out as specs

slow down the SSD (is no problem) falsify the result - is not the real performanceindex from the pc

and which "older" hdd can do 200+ MB/s ...

Edited by RoccoESA

to exclude and current systems?

Is not a "Nostalgie- Bench" - today's standard-hw can carry more out as specs.

those asks should nevertheless probably read "so people who benched it today and tomorrow don't get beaten because of a rule change"

HWBOT is a forum from yesterday?

or today, or tomorrow or the day after tomorrow ...

the HW becomes ever more efficient - there one cannot hold to old rituals

you changed specs for dual-gpu-card - 4 more fairness - this is the same.

do not forget please: today's standard-hw can carry more out as specs

slow down the SSD (is no problem) falsify the result - is not the real performanceindex from the pc

and which "older" hdd can do 200+ MB/s ...

Ever since the 220mb/s limit was made (to prevent scores from "fake" harddrives - that don't display the real performance of the pc, either) people have been limited by it. Removing it is unfair, no matter how good today's HW is. I can understand it's frustrating that you have to make your HW underperform, but at least the rules are equal for all - not just the ones posting scores today, but also for those who posted yesterday;)

HWBot isn't all about the highest tech, you know... it's just as much about older gear.

The results would be the same. The people who benched previously would be left in the dust. IMO, there is no difference.

It's inherently different to change a reward system that effects all rankings than it is to change a limitation of a benchmark which only changes a very local problem.

Just as an example: changing the algorithm affects 3Dmark Vantage scores. Changing the HDD subtest limitation affects the PCMark scores performed on hardware platforms capable of exceeding the initial limitation (eg: not S478). It's a very local change.

Ever since the 220mb/s limit was made (to prevent scores from "fake" harddrives - that don't display the real performance of the pc, either) people have been limited by it. Removing it is unfair, no matter how good today's HW is. I can understand it's frustrating that you have to make your HW underperform, but at least the rules are equal for all - not just the ones posting scores today, but also for those who posted yesterday;)

HWBot isn't all about the highest tech, you know... it's just as much about older gear.

you understand me wrongly

I am not frustrated - i make simply new score with slowdown ssd ...

next Generation with SATA3 ? pitch had? Its not unfair?

you talk again and again about old results - it is not just as unreasonably as a i5 to permit around those a scores Pentium-user not to endanger

my results are not importantly - I make this 4 fun ...

hwbot must go with the time ...

edit

personal note:

HDD gerneral Usage 500+MB/s and slow down the HDD for Startup is manipulate the (sub-)result - and this is cheating for validity

Edited by RoccoESA

• 1 month later...