HWBOT Community Forums

why have my results been blocked?

Hi, I'm new to the hwbot thing and I was wondering why my scores have been blocked with wprime 32M and 1024m as well as my 1000000 digit pifast score considering that all three have been world records? They were on there for a few hours and then were shown as blocked and then disappeared.

I would appreciate any information you can give. I'm more than happy to send along additional screenshots or whatever proof you require.

Thanks!

Joe

I would just like to add that the wprime benchmarks were all uploaded automatically by the wprime program and for a couple of hours were showing as "this has been verified as correct by a moderator." So what's the change?

Best Regards,

Joe

Hi Joe,

Some moderators here question the validity of your scores. For example, it is normal that an 8-way processor gives a huge performance increase in wprime (which is multithreaded), but it should give any boost in PiFast... which is the case in your submissions.

They are no longer blocked at this moment but they still are under discussion. To be continued... :)

Hi Rich,

The box is really a 16-way. It's a SunFire x4600 m2 and the 8220 SE processors are dual core. So there are 8 NUMA nodes and a total of 64GB of RAM. Is there another way that you would like me to run the test for verification purposes? I just calculated PI to 10,000,000 digits and it ran in 162.64 seconds.

Joe

Well, if it's 16-way the wPrime scores would be correct. I think the second score is held by an 8-way intel xeon processor.

Our main concern is the PiFast score. It's a single-threaded algorithm so we don't see how you could get such an amazing score on a 'single' 4600+. The annoying thing about pifast is that it's easy to cheat: text output and no checksum. : (

Personally, I find your scores great and I don't doubt them, but we're going to get a lot of heat if we leave the pifast score unchallanged. :) Did you run the hexus.bat file of pifast?

Ok, I just did that. It came up with a 46.55 second total computation time. Series computing time is 36.91 seconds, Division Time is 4.66 seconds, InvSqrt Time is 2.88 seconds and the Final Huge Multiplication time is 1.95 seconds.

Remember too, that these are the SE series Opteron's and are the JH-F2 Revision which feature a multitude of core enhancements (AMD Virtualization technology being a big one, not that it has any bearing here but just as an example.) So saying that it's "just" a 4600+ is not exactly accurate.

Joe

The settings for PI Fast are a ilttle complicated if you do them manually. I'd simply click 'edit' on the bat file and double check the settings you used originally vs. what the bat file sets.

Hey joe if you get a chance I would very much like to see the CPU score result for 3DMark 06 on this server :)

Hi Joe,

Some moderators here question the validity of your scores. For example, it is normal that an 8-way processor gives a huge performance increase in wprime (which is multithreaded), but it should give any boost in PiFast... which is the case in your submissions.

They are no longer blocked at this moment but they still are under discussion. To be continued... :)

Sorry, Joe, that was my mistake. I hope you can forgive me for the blocking :).

Your PiFast isn't calculated the right way (you only have 4 steps, where you need 6). Use the hexus version to run good :)