HWBOT Community Forums

Suggest nVidiaInspector as mandatory for Fermi + Kepler scores

K404

As title. I've just had a Kepler card maxx out at 999MHz, but I could only tell by checking Thermspy & nVidiaInspector.... as well as noticing that my scores weren't scaling.

Most (all?) >1GHz scores I see are verified in the screenshot with GPU-Z only and they're listing 1100,1200MHz etc.... but the card (very probably) isn't running at those speeds

I think 301.40 or so

But i still dont follow you,you should see the clocks boost during 3d with an osd.

When it lists 1350 in gpuz for my 680 card/bios it will boost to 1450+

That's what I thought. 300-series is the only series of drivers for Kepler.

Exactly..... with boost ;) I ***suspect*** that nVidias method of implementing Boost has had...."consequences" for cards that don't. 620/630/640/650/Ti don't Boost.

"We all know" that 300-series drivers with Fermi cards limit the REAL MHz to 999, regardless of what GPU-Z reports. GPU-Z reports what is set in nVidiaInspector/Afterburner/whatever, but nVidiaInspector shows "current clock" as 1000MHz. Thermspy says the same. Most importantly, performance says the same.

Now, I am having the same problem with a non-boosting Kepler card.

Here is an example using Fermi-5. Check the MHz Vs the score. Thermspy is missing from the second batch but still, the conclusion should be fairly obvious

http://hwbot.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63538&page=2

Edited by K404

Wait a second.... I just read a forum post on a totally unrelated matter, then rechecked my GT630....

My GT630 (ALL GT630?) doesn't use Kepler silicon, it's a GF108 die, ie Fermi, which explains why i'm locked at 999MHz.

Ok, that explains one problem, but the validation problem is still present because of the MHz cap not being shown in Riva.

• 1 month later...

The question is whether the correct MHz is needed to have a valid result?

I'm not realy a fan of specific rules for each hardware. This just makes the bot even more complicated and as long as the result is fine I don't think it's a must to have the correct MHz.

Personally, I disagree :) I hate seeing the number of results going up with MHz info missing.

How many cheats are caught because the MHz give away that something is wrong? If MHz are "muddy" then it would be very easy to run D-PP or Mip (if that even works on Kepler) and claim the MHz were much higher, they just aren't being shown in GPU-Z.

IMO, it undermines the point of having GPU-Z verification..... if I have a 6.8GHz Ivy for 3D05 or AM3....... does it matter if i'm using a GTX580/680/Titan?

There's two conversations goin on in this thread.... that's my fault :(

OjO... what drivers? Are you getting better FPS with increased MHz? I believe i've shown beyond any doubt that Fermi + 3-series drivers crap out at 999MHz. GPU-Z can be ignored, it is not reflecting the truth.