HWBOT Community Forums

What about super pi 1.6 version?

Predator

Hello gents, i was wondering if someone could just contact Fugger and ask for this petition, let the hwbot crew to code a Super Pi 1.6 version in which a Cpu-z or something would be required to gather the system user info, so that cheats wouldn't be possible and no one would need to suspect about other users scores anymore

if it's needed that the cpu-z must be opened while the super pi is being done then so be it, it will be for all the same and this would be a good step for trusted results and no longer cheating accusations

what do you think gents?

saludos!

Troman, what's an insanity timer? would would that work?

i would like to know what the hwbot crew thinks about this, if this works it might help with lately decisions taken...

It checks if your internal windows clock is running ok, with a windows speedchanger program you will let you system virtual run at other speeds.

4ghz-->4.5ghz...3Dmark03/05/06/arc03 are all vulnerable, 01 not.

01 let you do your thing, but when the bench is over it gives an insanity timer error.

This could work for superpi as well...however there are more hacking tricks to manipulate cpu'z/superpi. So you would not solve the problem for 100%

But implenting this? yeah for sure!

Buttertoast = tapakah = a cheater that admitted it, he can help you giving false tweaks that should prevent cheating in the future.

yeah thanks for the reply Troman though i would like to ask you if you could please not mention names nor calling che**** to anyone ;) , let's keep this clean in order to a solution for all of us :)

then if a program such a super pi implements that soft, and also a cpuz id is required, even if it's needed to remain open during the super pi execution, to code a little better the checksum then it would be safer enough at least the super pi? this would be imho a nice step in the community OC competition

saludos

yeah thanks for the reply Troman though i would like to ask you if you could please not mention names nor calling che**** to anyone ;) , let's keep this clean in order to a solution for all of us :)

then if a program such a super pi implements that soft, and also a cpuz id is required, even if it's needed to remain open during the super pi execution, to code a little better the checksum then it would be safer enough at least the super pi? this would be imho a nice step in the community OC competition

saludos

How about an orb for superpi?

And the ability to safe and upload a file as a package with al needed info to verify it.

But we have to agree about 1 thing before taking any actions my friend,

yes you can make it a few % safer, but no , it won't garantee a 100% legit run.

lol brainstorming i like it ;)

(Buttertoast admitted himself and i respect him for that, at least he was being honest :) )

yeah orb would be fine, add that to the other ideas and it could be something, i wish i had the skill i would code it myself

Yeah that's the problem here as well :/

We can all have good ideas, but who will be able to implent it? who is willing to put his free time on this :confused:

Kunaak would be a good guy as well for putting input on this..

If i'm not mistaken he had a great solution as well. But since i'm banned at xs, i cannot ask.

Might give that a shot as well.