HWBOT Community Forums

ludek111 - Core 2 E8400 (3.0Ghz) @ 5806MHz - 5805.95 mhz CPU Frequency

ludek

FSb 620 boot on air on rampage extreme (1202)

CPU Voltage [1.38]

Load-Line Calibration [Disabled]

CPU PLL Voltage [1.68]

FSB Termination Voltage [1.44-1.55]

CPU GTLVref(0) [+10mv]

CPU GTLVref(1) [Auto]

CPU GTLVref(2) [+10 mv]

CPU GTLVref(3) [Auto]

NB GTLVref [+37]

North Bridge Voltage [1.67]

DRAM Voltage [1.65]

NB DDRVref [+25]

DDR3 Channel A Vref [Auto]

DDR3 Channel B Vref [Auto]

South Bridge 1.5 Voltage [1.55]

South Bridge 1.05 Voltage [1.07]

Ai Clock Twister [Lighter]

Ai Transaction Booster [13]

Maybe it will help you,in my opinion your nbb voltage is way to high and pll too low.

Thanks :) But I'm asking for a CPU Batch. My E8400 has Q847B452, Malay 2008, 47th week.

BTW Overclocker called ViNG told me, that if we are pushing VTT above eg. 1.4V, the vCore must be higher than VTT, eg. 1.5V.

I think, there's no need to changing south bridge and DDR3 ref voltages if we are reaching TOP FSB.

I have tested first X48 voltage/mhz scalling. Stable working chipset:

(cpu mult x6, ram 1:1, VTT 1.4V, pll 1.5, skew cpu/nb: 500/100ps)

vNB in bios 1.33V is 1.35 in real, did 576 MHz (!)

vNB in bios 1.39V is 1.41 in real, did 598 MHz

vNB in bios 1.49V is 1.51 in real, did 620 MHz

(cpu mult x6, ram 2:3, VTT 1.4V, pll 1.5, skew cpu/nb: 500/100ps)

vNB in bios 1.33V is 1.35 in real, did 570 MHz

It's a great chipset !

Edited by ludek

E8x00 Q83xB and Q84xB batches are no bad MHz/volt clockers - almost as good as Q82x stuff and way better than 2009+ made stuff. Very few of them have ever seen cold due to E8600 craze that was going on over the time, so it's hard to say if getting another chip will guarantee improvement, 5.8GHz is already impressive for a single stage.

When running high VTT it's best to avoid powerdowns. As long as you do that and gradually increase/decrease it then you can get away with running 1.6+ for extended periods of time.

Thanks Sam, I was waiting for your post. :)

When running high VTT it's best to avoid powerdowns. As long as you do that and gradually increase/decrease it then you can get away with running 1.6+ for extended periods of time.

Maybe I don't understand. If I avoid powerdown (only hard reset of MOBO), and make gradually VTT steps, I can set 1.6 V of VTT (and more) and not to burn my CPU?

I bought this CPU from a guy, he has ~100 more, will ask him about Q82xB. It's only ~30 $

There are many things changing which in the BIOS causes a reboot powerdown on X48 - strap, memory divider, any of the memory timings and even some FSB values (there is a powerdown between 499 set and 500 set, if I remember correctly). If you set 1.50+ VTT and then start fiddling with the memory settings, you'll have lots of such powerdowns and will wreck your CPU quite fast. A better thing to do is figuring out those settings at low VTT (so that powerdowns are not as damaging) and then gradually raising VTT.