HWBOT Community Forums

The official Rookie Rumble AMD #6 thread.

JunkDogg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all, i'm just newbie in here. hope i can get some experience by joining this rookie rumble :)

Hey Hey!

Indonesia has a great overclocking community. I'm sure you will find similarly minded people around your neighbourhood. Oh, and the folks here at the bot are pretty awesome too :D:D

Bot Prime mate is all about the right chip for the right job. I've found it's really hit and miss. I've found the older FM2 chips do really well where the latest version example A10-7850K doesn't do Prime well at all.

As Newy has said there is a lot in JAVA version that can get you a extra 100 points some times. It's a bit of a experiment really.

I would of went through 20 odd different JAVA versions before I settled on the one I use for Prime now.

Thanks for that about the mem score mate. I've still got another just in case. I found it's best to tweak with CPU Freq and mem freq until you get close then experiment with timings to get a bit more bost in your score. Also the score can go back down if you go to tight on the timings which sort of blew me away for a bit.

I'll send you a PM Luke about some more stuff too.

Im using Version 7 update 67

(build 1.7.0_67-b01).

It is only detecting 4 out of my 8gb of ram, would this affect performance?

Not at all that just means you're using 32bit java and try Java V8 beta as with ivy/haswell it scored around 5% better

P.S. Everybody has a right to know about little tweaks like java version so it would be good to keep as much as possible public since it only benifts the OC community as a hole

Edited by newlife

Not at all that just means you're using 32bit java and try Java V8 beta as with ivy/haswell it scored around 5% better

P.S. Everybody has a right to know about little tweaks like java version so it would be good to keep as much as possible public since it only benifts the OC community as a hole

Fair call mate. I actually didn't send a PM for some reason it dissapeared when I pressed the button. It was mainly just inviting Luke to join us over at OCAU in the HWBOT Discussion thread as the guys there have a lot of info they can share and help out with the stupid questions.

As for any other tweaks, I"ve also found Prime responds to NB freq a little as well. So push it up as much as you can gents.