HWBOT Community Forums

Low GFX Aquamark score?

Lays

Hello, I have a 780 TI Classified running at 1306/1975 and I'm getting much much lower graphic scores than other people with lower clocks.

I have a friend with a 770 that was getting 8000 more GFX score than I am in aquamark, anyone know why?

Picture attached!

i1qpG.jpg

Hello, I have a 780 TI Classified running at 1306/1975 and I'm getting much much lower graphic scores than other people with lower clocks.

I have a friend with a 770 that was getting 8000 more GFX score than I am in aquamark, anyone know why?

Picture attached!

i1qpG.jpg

try monitoring the clocks when running. Usually with older benches and the newer cards with boost, the bench isn't stressful enough to make the card boost properly. Try using nvidia power mizer manager and it should keep the card at full load at all times which should help with old benches and new cards.

also these older benches are almost all cpu benches, you need to clock your cpu as high as possible.

try monitoring the clocks when running. Usually with older benches and the newer cards with boost, the bench isn't stressful enough to make the card boost properly. Try using nvidia power mizer manager and it should keep the card at full load at all times which should help with old benches and new cards.

also these older benches are almost all cpu benches, you need to clock your cpu as high as possible.

I did that, and used Kboost with precision X to lock the card at 1306.

I'm not sure what the issue is, I even rolled back to an older driver incase that was the issue.

Could it be an X99 issue? I see people with 4790k's getting like 40k higher GPU score than I'm getting.

Edited by Lays

I did that, and used Kboost with precision X to lock the card at 1306.

I'm not sure what the issue is, I even rolled back to an older driver incase that was the issue.

Could it be an X99 issue? I see people with 4790k's getting like 40k higher GPU score than I'm getting.

that's weird I can never get kboost to work in xp.

well the reason the 4790k's are better is because the older benches are single threaded so the extra cores are not helping and the quad channel ram either. You need the highest possible single core speed and lowest ram latency possible. So the 4790k's will be better because they have better single core performance because they will clock higher. Also this is a cpu bench so to properly compare your score to others you need to make sure that the cpu speed is exactly the same. Since this bench is cpu dependent the cpu speed will effect graphic score.

that's weird I can never get kboost to work in xp.

well the reason the 4790k's are better is because the older benches are single threaded so the extra cores are not helping and the quad channel ram either. You need the highest possible single core speed and lowest ram latency possible. So the 4790k's will be better because they have better single core performance because they will clock higher. Also this is a cpu bench so to properly compare your score to others you need to make sure that the cpu speed is exactly the same. Since this bench is cpu dependent the cpu speed will effect graphic score.

Awww ok. That makes a bit more sense, I was running 4750 on the CPU and 4380 on the cache with 13-14-14-17 on the ram, so I figured CPU wasn't the issue, but what you said clarifies it a bunch. TY.

I'm on windows 7 BTW, just with the "maximum performance" things on in windows settings.

Edited by Lays

Awww ok. That makes a bit more sense.

honestly I am not that familiar with this bench but I know that aquamark, 3d01,03,05,06 are all very similar. Nobody really runs them with x99. The best platform right now for those benches is z97 because it has the best single core performance and will clock higher than x99, plus the ram latency is a lot lower. Since these benches cant take advantage of the quad channel ram it's pointless, better off with ddr3 and lowest cl possible.

They have mostly become cpu benches.

When I first started out I tried running 3d01 on my x79 system and my cpu was clocked very low but my 780 ti kingpin was clocked at like 1900 core and I thought my score was going to be amazing and my score was so horrible around 90,000 and I couldn't figure out why. I eventually started learning why, it's all about the correct platform and cpu speed. GPU clocks with cards like 780 ti don't matter that much after a certain speed.

You could even get amazing scores by just putting the cpu on cold and leaving gpu on air.

Edit - Oh ok I thought you were on xp. XP will definitely help your scores in the older 3d benches. You will see what I mean about k-boost. nvidia power mizer manager does basically the same thing but works in xp.

Also if you have to use x99 you could try disabling some cores to see if you could bump the cpu speed. Definitely turn off hyper threading.

Edited by Strong Island

X99 normally sucks in XP for me - either HAL bug or smth else but 3D performance is horrible even with older cards when comparing the same setup between Win7 and winXP.

As I said before, I'm on 7.

I have all the visual features disabled in windows settings to get those extra few points on benchmarks.