HWBOT Community Forums

DFI nf4 Ultra D, missing components

lanbonden

Just got my DFI nf4 Ultra D motherboard and a fast optical control showed that its missing 2 components that Im fairly sure should be there as it looks like they have been riped off the card. I wonder if anyone with a whole card can check what ratings on the components so I can re add them before testing the card.

The two components missing are as follows, first the caps in the red circle and then what I would guess is a small resistor in the green circle.

dcb5f21ac5.jpg

80dcaa0fb1.jpg

I have this board on my desk. This round capacitor has no markings, and the smaller one is a capacitor too (on my board it's brown). I'll check in the evening what my DMM will show, but probably they're connected in series/parallel with something else and without unsoldering it'd be impossible to check their capacity.

EDIT: Bigger element is not a capacitor, at least my DMM shows no capacity. Smaller SMD capacitor is connected with something else, because when measuring capacity my DMM goes above range (maximum is 6mF). You could replace this one with something with similar size, they have usually similar capacity too (if I remember correctly it'd be 3-30 uF for this size).

EDIT2: Bigger element is a quartz, bo no info about it's frequency, also I don't know how to measure this thing. They seem to have 32.768KHz, but they may have different capacities.

Edited by bartx

I have this board on my desk. This round capacitor has no markings, and the smaller one is a capacitor too (on my board it's brown). I'll check in the evening what my DMM will show, but probably they're connected in series/parallel with something else and without unsoldering it'd be impossible to check their capacity.

EDIT: Bigger element is not a capacitor, at least my DMM shows no capacity. Smaller SMD capacitor is connected with something else, because when measuring capacity my DMM goes above range (maximum is 6mF). You could replace this one with something with similar size, they have usually similar capacity too (if I remember correctly it'd be 3-30 uF for this size).

EDIT2: Bigger element is a quartz, bo no info about it's frequency, also I don't know how to measure this thing. They seem to have 32.768KHz, but they may have different capacities.

Thanks a lot, that info about the bigger component helps a lot as I know that I can probably just take one from another motherboard then and it should be the same :)

And about the small one, if you say its a caps, instead of a resistor like I though from the color on the picture thats also good as it means that I can just plunder a cap with similar size from another board and hope for the best. Really appreciate the help!

Thanks a lot, that info about the bigger component helps a lot as I know that I can probably just take one from another motherboard then and it should be the same :)

And about the small one, if you say its a caps, instead of a resistor like I though from the color on the picture thats also good as it means that I can just plunder a cap with similar size from another board and hope for the best. Really appreciate the help!

Hope it will work :) I'm always try to help when somebody's trying to revive good old hardware :)

Resistors in this size have markings on the top. Although for me it looked like resistor too. I don't remember, but probably color means tolerance of capacitor. I'm not sure.

It may even work without this cap, but not without quartz :)

I also made a picture, how it looks on my board.

DFI.jpg