HWBOT Community Forums

[Price Check] LN2 Withdrawal Device

Guest TheMadDutchDude

Guest TheMadDutchDude

Hey guys,

I have one of the above that came with my dewar a long time back. It still works, but the valve which you use to let the LN2 flow is a little loose so it leaks when it gets really cold from the LN2 flowing through it. Besides that, it's pretty much golden.

What do these go for? I'm not looking for maximum profit, just a fair appraisal that you guys may pay for such a thing if you were in the market for one. :)

Thank you in advanced!

What types of dewars does this fit? Is it made by Taylor Wharton or someone else? If it's TW, do you have the glass/plastic tubes? Was it made for use with a 25LD, 35LD, etc.?

As with all things cryo related, they're generally much less expensive than retail. For example, I think Taylor Warton sells their WD device for $800 or something but it sells on the second hand market much closer to $150, sometimes less.

The relief valve getting stuck is a very common issue on these. It can usually be replaced and will fix the issue.

Guest TheMadDutchDude

That's perfect, guys. Thank you! :)

I'm not really sure who makes it, Bass. I'll have to take a closer look at it and then I could tell you more. It's for a 50L dewar, so I am assuming that it is a standard/universal neck size. I could be wrong, though.

Splave, same here! I've been put off of it for that exact same reason. It just wastes LN2 and I'd rather that was getting wasted in the pot. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TheMadDutchDude
Told you ages ago to pour *cough cough*

That is what I do once I am ready to use it, I don't actually use the device. I was using it as a stopper, but that was a big mistake and I realised the error in my ways. :D