HWBOT Community Forums

Div III round 3 stage 4

skulstation

• Administrators

Titan x is ruled out automatically - I will remove all scores, it was released after the challengers started, so it is not allowed - please use google translate if you have problem to understand my bad english ^^

P.S. for Division 3, you can see which cards are not allowed explicitly, so please read this

Edited by websmile

• Administrators

Sigh, people do always search loopholes or do not think about the concept. Of course normal TitanX is not allowed at division III as well, it is third tier vgas division like it is third tier CPU division as well. I will remove them when I have time.

okay.. but is it allowed or not? I'm not trying to find a loophole, just trying to find a card that I own that IS allowed. :-)

If the MRSP is a cut off, why not just have used that? Guess that's not valid either, since a GTX780 could have cost $1000 when it was released also.

• Administrators

The pattern is that highend cards like 980, second tier like 970 and their newer gen equivalents are not allowed for the third division. Cards like 960, 1060, third tier, or older secod and first tier cards like 770, 680/670 are allowed. Reason for this is that we had too many people in the past who simply used 980ti and 1151 for example and swapped cpus and ran practically same setup with 6700k, 6600K and 6320 for example. To handle it flexible we preffered the "clas" or tier solution over allowing 3 or 4 cards only for the minor divisions.

The 960GTX is allowed of course, third tier card

P.S. Hardware prices at usa are insane it seems, in germany 780 was between 400 and 600 euros

• 4 weeks later...