HWBOT Community Forums

XTU version 6.2017

joe_joe

Hi has anybody had problems with the latest version of XTU I score 1000 points lower than previous version, cpu usage during the benchmark drops as low as 20% after removing XTU with Revo uninstaller I reinstalled latest version with no change, rolled back to previous version and all is well again.

G-skill sniper 2133 memory

Asus Maximus 7 Hero

Cooler Master V850

Gigabyte 980Ti Extreme

Samsung M2 951 256GB

Windows 10 Pro

Thanks

Hi @joe_joe, thanks for the feedback. Let me check when I get in office later today. Is there anything special you noticed about the install and benchmark other than the things you mentioned here? What was the previous installation's version number?

There were a couple of intermediate releases of XTU. If you're up for it, I'd love some feedback on the scoring in these versions:

Thanks for help, I didn't notice anything unusual about the install, one thing I do remember was when I was notified about a new version within XTU the program failed to upgrade sorry can't remember the error details, So I removed XTU and installed from scratch, the older version I returned to is 6.128 which works just fine. I have downloaded the 3 other versions you posted and will report back in due time.

Thanks again

joe

I have tried all 3 of the versions you posted

Results:

XTU 6.1.2.11 benchmark scores 1109, runs really well completes pretty quick

XTU 6.2.0.10 benchmark scores 1026, runs very poorly slugish takes 4 times longer to complete, core voltage very erratic core count erratic too

XTU 6.2.0.14 benchmark scores 1021, same problem as ver 6.2.0.10

I've loaded ver 6.1.2.11 and that's very good so I will be sticking with that, hope this helps, if you need anymore info on my setup, overclock settings in bios just ask

Regards

joe

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm this issue too. 6.1.2.11 works well but I did notice that 6.2.0.17 did finally start reporting "Active Core Count" correctly. When using the last several versions of XTU--going back many months--XTU would only report 2 active cores when I would bench or stress my 6700K (with HT on). Turning HT off would get XTU to report 4...

• 1 year later...

Hello joe_joe and Massman

I am having a strange issue on my G3258 with XTU. It reports 0GHz and the utilization never goes over 12%. The benchmark also never finishes

Here is the install environment:

XTU Version: 6.4.1.15

OC: none, installing XTU with stock settings in bios

Mobo: ASRock Z87 OCF ac

Internet: No connection.

Is there any solution to this issue? I have submitted a G3258 score before, but never had this issue before. I have a LN2 pot now, so I was hoping to get some cold subs in. Lol

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

Hello joe_joe and Massman

I am having a strange issue on my G3258 with XTU. It reports 0GHz and the utilization never goes over 12%. The benchmark also never finishes

Here is the install environment:

XTU Version: 6.4.1.15

OC: none, installing XTU with stock settings in bios

Mobo: ASRock Z87 OCF ac

Internet: No connection.

Is there any solution to this issue? I have submitted a G3258 score before, but never had this issue before. I have a LN2 pot now, so I was hoping to get some cold subs in. Lol

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

Have you also tried win 8.1 32bit? It tends to score the best. For win 7 I think there's a specific windows update you have to install, I forget which one.

Have you also tried win 8.1 32bit? It tends to score the best. For win 7 I think there's a specific windows update you have to install, I forget which one.

Thanks yos for the tip about Win 8.1!!! I have the right update for Win 7 and have it installed. It has worked before on Win 7 with my G3258. I lost the older version of XTU i was using though. I'm having trouble finding a win 8.1 iso, that is why I chose to bench XTU on win 7. Would you know where I could get a good win 8.1 iso?

Thanks yos for the tip about Win 8.1!!! I have the right update for Win 7 and have it installed. It has worked before on Win 7 with my G3258. I lost the older version of XTU i was using though. I'm having trouble finding a win 8.1 iso, that is why I chose to bench XTU on win 7. Would you know where I could get a good win 8.1 iso?

I don't have a stripped down iso, but you can get it straight from microsoft with this tool http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=510815