HWBOT Community Forums

HWT2017 Sao Paulo - NO livestream

Trouffman

• Crew

Lack of budget to cover the travel expenses. There is a need for $$ cash support (some companies understood that, Seasonic is doing it correctly). This impact much more than just me, I happen to just be one of the visible side of it.

I took part of the events as volunteer, none of the stream are actually being $$ covered, transportation/accomodation only for some. This is my part into making this hobby grow and have you guys the capacity to have thoses kinds of events as well.

As I also have to take unpaid leave from work (Yeah ! got to love the only 2 weeks of vacations in Canada :D) having lack of income for a week + the Prices of the tickets would put others forthcoming stream at risks if this situation present itself again.

I am trying to get my head around a video explaining this, maybe a stream...

• Crew
Wow mate didn't know you wern't paid!! I hope you find a sponsor or many I like your OCTV as you say it brings it to the people who can't get to the event.

The main purpose is to have $$ funding for theses events (some companies do it already and it is appreciated). Because no $$ funding + no event = no promotions = less sales.

The point is not about me not going/streaming, I would take this route to make the event happens, but that can only be a few times, as less visibility = less promotions.

We are at a point in this industry were there was easier, short-term money to be made and this is okay, this is how it works. OC is a not niche process nor a risks for companies, it can only beneficiate, in market differentiation, product differentiation, higher ASP especially in the time were number of shipments are reducing because the low-end is cannabilized by mobile (even me being a user), mid-end is slowly fading off and while there is less people buying new hardware but having it at a higher price point.

Very complex subject

Your stream quality is not bad, but if you want more money you have to have an audience to back it up. How long have you guys been doing streaming now? And the viewership is still not picking up? Maybe time to go back to the drawing board?

• Crew
Your stream quality is not bad, but if you want more money you have to have an audience to back it up. How long have you guys been doing streaming now? And the viewership is still not picking up? Maybe time to go back to the drawing board?

^This

Maybe it's time to open it up a little/diversify the OC content a bit more? Instead of 150 different OC streamers fighting for the same small audience, why not take them all and get them on your Twitch partnership network?

That way, you have the hub for the best OC related live streams all in one place; yours?

https://www.twitch.tv/team/overclocking

Be the one for many, not the many for one :D

• Crew

Interesting, I am fully open to have more people participating into this, this be on the channels, twitch teams or the likes.

Interesting comment as well as we are open to have anyone to stream on the OCTV channel for this purpose :), same for hosting or re-hosting content from people that do not want to pay anymore for their hosting or have less time to manage it.

Everything was always in Creative Commons and free to use, free to share and usually do not feature any copyright logo, also there was no ads on the OCTV side whatsoever (like no banner ads etc.)

If anyone want to stream more content, that be stream, videos or guides, just hit me up.

• Crew
Interesting, I am fully open to have more people participating into this, this be on the channels, twitch teams or the likes.

Interesting comment as well as we are open to have anyone to stream on the OCTV channel for this purpose :), same for hosting or re-hosting content from people that do not want to pay anymore for their hosting or have less time to manage it.

Everything was always in Creative Commons and free to use, free to share and usually do not feature any copyright logo, also there was no ads on the OCTV side whatsoever (like no banner ads etc.)

If anyone want to stream more content, that be stream, videos or guides, just hit me up.

Feel free to invite Gavbon to your Overclocking Twitch network...I will gladly accept!

• Crew

Hi guys... I've really enjoyed the OC-TV coverage of the recent World Tour events. It's certainly going from strength to strength. I would however like to share some thoughts from the perspective of a friend of mine, who actually joined me in watching the live Twitch feed of the World Final in Berlin last month.

My buddy is pretty much the ideal profile for a person who could become a fan of competitive overclocking, and perhaps even an overclocker one day. He builds his own PCs, he understands hardware and he belongs to an online gaming clan and plays online videos games regularly. Watching the Finals however, he was quickly blown away by what he was seeing. The production level regarding stream was great, he like being able to see the BIOSes of each overclocker and was overall really impressed with the 'sport' nature of what he was watching. He had heard that people used LN2, but like this? Wow!

The thing that most impressed him however was the technical aspects of the matches. Really, not all CPUs are the same? Different benchmarks react differently? Seriously? Cold bugs? Boot bugs? Memory training? A whole Pandora's box of really interesting stuff was unfolding before his eyes. We both sat and had a few beers and thoroughly enjoyed the whole stream. He was beginning to realize why some guys get hooked on Overclocking.

The part he enjoyed most was the technical commentary from Buildzoid. My buddy thought he was doing a great job of explaining in layman's terms what we were watching, the challenges that the overclockers were facing and the story of the contest as a whole. However, he was less keen on the way the contest was hosted (no offense Trouff... you know I love you dude. These are my buddy's thoughts). I'll just say that he wanted more technical focus and much less Blue Screeeeeeen. After some discussion (we were, after all, drinking beers) he explained his thoughts. I guess his point can be summed up thusly:

Overclocking is in many ways similar to other sports, F1 for example. Just keep to the details. Tell me what I'm watching. Expand my knowledge and my view of technology and I will be entertained. But please, keep it serious.

• Crew

Interesting PoV thanks.

A lot of the comment from 2016 was that it was too serious (mostly from OCer PoV). Interesting to have this kind of feedback as I also got the feeback from some that OC cannot be serious.

Side Note : I won't go into details, but there are good reasons to have 'Expert' going into the details and not me during the matches. This can only get better (of course that mean $$ - and that is a challenge right now)

• 2 weeks later...
As I also have to take unpaid leave from work (Yeah ! got to love the only 2 weeks of vacations in Canada :D)

I have three weeks of vacation myself, and I'm just a delivery driver.... Then again, I also work for the second largest coffee company in North America, so that probably helps somewhat.

Great to see such commitment to the streams and events, even if it's out of pocket for you!

• 9 months later...