HWBOT Community Forums

Afterburner Voltage Unlock Guide

newlife

I present you with a simple guide to unlock voltage in AB for AMD cards removing the need for ABX

In this guide I'll be using a memory editor called Artmoney and AB 4.3.0 but it will work with a different memory editor and AB versions but addresses change

Note: This is technically a hack so user be were as changing something you shouldn't it could have unforseen effects

To begin with open Afterburner and artmoney and select "MSI Afterburner" in the drop down box labeled "Select Process"

i9oZjNw.png

Next click "Search" and change Type to "Custom" and click on box in red. Once that's done a box saying "Select type" and deselect all but "Integer 4 bytes" and "OK"

lPzRzx1.png

Now enter the max voltage in Afterburner (some cards it will be offset) in the "Search" box and click "OK"

PIphe0q.png

Now click the green arrow

FNqWuzT.png

This part may take some trial and error but change the "Value" to something higher than it is and click enter or click away

hfe3SHp.png

If that worked once you go back to Afterburner it will allow the value you entered, if not try the next address

4Ae0caC.png

Now you are done and should be able to set what volts you want without limitation and be sure to click save so you can quickly load next time

Here's my Profile for GPU and Mem volts for 7970's

Edited by newlife

• 4 weeks later...