HWBOT Community Forums

Help fine tuning

String

Hi,

I'm trying to move to the next step with my benching and was hoping to get a wee bit of advice. I know my way around bios so not a complete novice, but I could do with some experience in "proper" benching.

First stop is Win 7 and some 2D benchmarks. Does anyone have any recommendations for what to bench with this OS? I'm particularly interested in fine tuning my core clock and also RAM timings.

I'll update my Sig with my benching spec in case anyone fancies helping out a wee bit here and there. Everything is under water.

• Crew

GPU PI, HWBOT prime, Cinebenches R11.5/15 on Win7 64 bit

Wprime , pi pifast and co is XP territory

XTU is Win8.1/10 32BIT (yeppo 32bit)

So you see to have fun prepare to devote some time to install multiple Osses. Fine tuning your memory will jield better scores. You've got a solid OS friendly platform to work with!!

• Crew

Step by step to determine what IC you have:

1) Set DRAM Frequency to 1600MHz and set DRAM Voltage to 1.20v

2) Set CAS# Latency to 9, Write to Read Delay L to 3 and DRAM Write Latency to 9 and Save and Exit.

3) If it boots up then you have MICRON IC DRAM, IF it fails to boot, then move onto step 4.

4) Set DRAM Frequency to 1600MHz and set DRAM Voltage to 1.20v.

5) Set REF Cycle Time to 140 and Save and Exit.

6) If it boots up then you have HYNIX IC DRAM, IF it fails to boot, then you have SAMSUNG IC DRAM.

• Crew
The best frequency I can hit is 2750 with strap @ 125. This is with dram voltage of 1.35v and stock timings (14-16-16-31-1t).

I'm not sure I can push the voltage past 1.35v?

That is at your own risk sir, if you are happy with current speeds, keep it like this. If you want more, prepare to push higher voltages. Though go in small steps and see if the speed scales

That is at your own risk sir, if you are happy with current speeds, keep it like this. If you want more, prepare to push higher voltages. Though go in small steps and see if the speed scales

Understood.

I'll dial frequency back a notch and play with timings. I'm more interested in learning the details as opposed to pushing the limits (for the time being at least :-)).