HWBOT Community Forums

ES CPU/GPU submission points - thanks HWbot

CL3P20

HWbot: I never asked to move from previous league to Extreme... You made this decision for me.. which disables my points for ES subs and leaves them open for the nubs to report & admins to remove.

* Is it difficult to understand that non-elite members receive samples?

* Parties that supply samples like to see results.. which you will now hide because Im not "elite"

always helping the little guy - hwnot

• Administrators

First of all, you made the decision to move to extreme league. If you use cooling methods that apply to extreme league like LN2, cascade or similar stuff, this is your decision and not hwbots - so don´t put your responsibility on others.

Second point - if you want your results with ES to be seen with points, move to elite league. No one blocks your results if you get a normal board from time to time, no one is moved to elite because he gets one vga. But if you are in the priviledged situation to get current generation engineering samples like cpus obviously regularly, you have a clear advantage over real little guys who pay for their hardware, which you do not do obviously. Feel free to ask for a move to elite and your "problem" is solved :)

First of all, you made the decision to move to extreme league. If you use cooling methods that apply to extreme league like LN2, cascade or similar stuff, this is your decision and not hwbots - so don´t put your responsibility on others.

Second point - if you want your results with ES to be seen with points, move to elite league. No one blocks your results if you get a normal board from time to time, no one is moved to elite because he gets one vga. But if you are in the priviledged situation to get current generation engineering samples like cpus obviously regularly, you have a clear advantage over real little guys who pay for their hardware, which you do not do obviously. Feel free to ask for a move to elite and your "problem" is solved :)

But what happens if I were to buy a large amount of G.Skill ES RAM From members from here? It would show in the SPD That it's ES, and if I have multiple sticks it would look like I have gotten them from G.Skill, or that I can buy ES 6700K's off of eBay, not actually taking a dig at you, merely curious.

• Administrators

We usually do not enforce es rules on memory unless the manufacturer wants this by saying es in spd. Gskill does not for example, the samples which they send have retail spd.

Older gen ES can be used for points without being elite league unless it is unreleased hardware, if you buy a current generation es from ebay this is your problem (on Skylake this would depend on status we give it, same socket but older generation than KBL), because of the legal status of cpu enginerring samples we do not allow trading these on hwbot btw.

Abyway, we talk about sponsorship by hardware manufacturers here, not about old gen bought from ebay

• Crew

ES concerns always latest gens, Skylake is no longer latest gen. Kaby is... This is the onyl reason I'm in Elite as I sometimes have access to ES samples... and in 99% they aren't even keepers :P

Secondly when do you show the SPD tab? Usually only for competitions, if the rules mention no ES stuff, you can't use it, simple as that...

• Administrators
So if you can get current ES Hardware through ANY means you're elite? Alright, thanks for clearing up :)

No - you are elite if you submit with these for points to take advantage of your access to current gen ES. You can stay at other leagues if you submit current gen ES with points disabled