HWBOT Community Forums

jpmboy

For pro oc the 7740k is allowed because challengers started 1.08. Different story than on team cup which started 1.07.

I thought no HEDT allowed for Div 1, 7740x runs on x299 mobo which is HEDT. I just want to be crystal clear, as I have been using 7700k for div 1, but I have 7740x aswell.

You did read what I wrote? For Pro oc 7740K is allowed, there is no word about division 1. HEDT was never allowed nor even thought about for other divisions, the 7640K is not allowed for division 2 for example as well.

SIGH...........Yea I quoted you without reading your post :rolleyes:

This thread is linked to challenger division 1, NOT pro oc. That is why I asked for clarification.

Your second post makes it clear. 7740x ok for pro oc, not for div 1. Thanks

Edited by bigblock990

yes, I was asking about this Division 1 comp... rules say 2066 is arbitrarily not allowed, but I was simply asking if a 4 core 2066 (which is basically the same as the 7700K) is allowed in Division 1. Sorry to caused any confusion in my OP question. Asked and answered.

• Administrators
SIGH...........Yea I quoted you without reading your post :rolleyes:

This thread is linked to challenger division 1, NOT pro oc. That is why I asked for clarification.

Your second post makes it clear. 7740x ok for pro oc, not for div 1. Thanks

Just saw this - yes, you obviously did not read my post despite quoting it and you did not read or understand the rules :) - when I write pro oc I mean pro oc, and when the rules say no hedt, say 2066 is forbidden and explicitly list all allowed cpu families and KBL-X is not listed it must be really hard to not understand^^