HWBOT Community Forums

Challenger and frequencies

ADVenturePO

Dear OCers and admins. 

@Leeghoofd

I did participate in challengers knowing that HWINFO64 will show precise frequency and part of my scores were having .4Mhz or even .8Mhz where for example 5203 was expected.

As you may know hwmonitor is showing only full MHz. Thus even when you have 5203,9 in hwinfo64 you will have hwmonitor at 5203.

Most of participants used hwmonitor. Due to automatic steering by the motherboard which exceeded xxx3MHz.

I thought that if I'm not exceeding xxx4 than I'm alright. 

Also I get notifications from HWBOT at email but when I want to get at the topic the page is 404. I don't see it in HWBOT account either and so I can't  reply to it than.

Peter

Screenshot_20190421-184521_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20190421-184538_Chrome.jpg

• Crew

If one of the approved monitoring tools read out 5203.8 well than you are above the imposed limit of 5203MHz. Anyway I moderated the Challengers from day one... and removed dozens of your subs for mostly the same reason: surpassing the freq limit...

Now if you know one tool doesn't read out the decimals, why not use it...

These Low clock Challenges are all about precision, especially in the screenshots.

Bet you won't make the same mistake in the next round....

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 2

On 4/21/2019 at 7:47 PM, ADVenturePO said:

Dear OCers and admins. 

@Leeghoofd

I did participate in challengers knowing that HWINFO64 will show precise frequency and part of my scores were having .4Mhz or even .8Mhz where for example 5203 was expected.

As you may know hwmonitor is showing only full MHz. Thus even when you have 5203,9 in hwinfo64 you will have hwmonitor at 5203.

Most of participants used hwmonitor.

The mods removed results with much lower variation over the limit (even at 0.1) ... ( if that fact makes you feel better).

Your 0.8 and 0.9 seems big :)

But you are right about the software issue.

The smart guys used the software that didnt show the decimal part and actually got away with it. ?

• Leeghoofd changed the title to Challenger and frequencies