HWBOT Community Forums

Trident Z Royal - 4800 vs 4600

sexpot

Hello, is there a very big difference between the Trident Z Royal 4800 vs 4600 C18 kits? There seems to be a shortage of the 4800 and I haven't found any stock for a few weeks now (Canada). I want to pair with a Gene XI and 9900KS CPU once it's released.

My aim is to get 4600C16 1T with tight secondary and tertiary timings for 24/7 daily use. What kind of VRam, VCCIO and VCCSA should I be expecting to achieve those speeds and timings under ambient watercooling of the CPU? Thanks!

Edited by sexpot

• 1 month later...

In stock in Newegg (US) site, and I don't think there will be that big of a difference between the two kits.

As for your goals, your going to need a fairly strong IMC on your cpu, to achieve 4600 1T stable. Voltages will be dependent on your cpu and will require some patience to properly test and get everything dialed in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 11/21/2019 at 2:02 AM, mrQQ said:

On a similar note, I can't find quad kits anywhere. I want to have 4000 running at C16, or 4400 at C18. Is that even possible? Can I just buy two dual kits? I did that with my 3600 C15 and they are running in quad at 4000 C17.

You can, but operation at those frequencies can't be guaranteed since they were not tested in a quad config.

The answer is, it depends. It might/might not work, but can't hurt to give it a try.

• 4 weeks later...