HWBOT Community Forums

GPUPI problem

Guest Alex Bese

Guest Alex Bese

Hey guys!

So I've got a problem with GPUPI, specifically 3.2. It finishes the run, but then when I want to save the .result file, it saves a 0 byte file and the program closes automatically. This is starting the program from benchmate. If I open it without benchmate, it says "could not encrypt data checksum". What does this mean? What am I doing wrong? It's a normal win install, without any tweaks and stuff. 

Also 3.3.3 works just fine.

Edited by Alex Bese

Guest Alex Bese
10 hours ago, Mr.Scott said:

Just knock off the warning and save it again. Most of the time it'll save the second time.

I tried it, but now it closes without benchmate too. So there isn't an error message. :( 

You need to use BenchMate to save your result file, don't do it within GPUPI. The hardware detection and submission upload in GPUPI hasn't aged well and is unstable.

For the next BM version I already added a warning and disabled this functionality, so people can't use GPUPI result file saving.

Edited by _mat_

• 3 weeks later...
Guest OverclockedTurtle

Hi mat, i i cannot seem to run Hwinfo through GPUPIv3.3.3 benchmate but through the HWbot download i can although i cannot submit either file.

On 2/19/2020 at 10:37 PM, OverclockedTurtle said:

Hi mat, i i cannot seem to run Hwinfo through GPUPIv3.3.3 benchmate but through the HWbot download i can although i cannot submit either file.

BenchMate disables GPUPI's HWiNFO capability because they can't run next to each other and there also no need to measure the same data twice. So that is not an error, it's as intended.

What's the exact problem?