HWBOT Community Forums

Windows 10

20 minutes ago, keeph8n said:

windows8-81-10.png

My interpretation of this image is that Windows 10 is allowed as long as all in the V Blue box is verified.

Thanks for the reply, as a specific example 3dmark2001se no longer has a valid url for online verification and then of course the 2 Heaven benchmarks are not on the allowed list yet these are some of the stages for the competitions.

• Crew
10 hours ago, keeph8n said:

I guess the question should be posed as to what system you are trying to run windows 10 on

Yep, if its new Intel based no problem for Win10 at all, though this does not mean the score will be maxed (read efficient) as some benchmark prefer sometimes an older operating system. Hence why these specific benchmarks were chosen, so one can learn how tro tweak maybe  after analysing their competitors' scores. Benching 3D is special and specific

1 hour ago, Leeghoofd said:

Yep, if its Intel based no problem for Win10 at all, though this does not mean the score will be maxed (read efficient) as some benchmark prefer sometimes an older operating system. Hence why these specific benchmarks were chosen, so one can learn how tro tweak maybe  after analysing their competitors' scores. Benching 3D is special and specific

Thanks for the insight, I am running AMD so there are quite a few hurdles to overcome in order for me to be truly competitive, I'll keep working at it.

On another note, I found out today that the key provided by UL/FM on their download page for PCMark 7 (same as the one listed at hwbot) was blocked for online submissions. I don't know if it was a temporary error or if they're blocking that key now.

• Crew
2 hours ago, cbjaust said:

On another note, I found out today that the key provided by UL/FM on their download page for PCMark 7 (same as the one listed at hwbot) was blocked for online submissions. I don't know if it was a temporary error or if they're blocking that key now.

looking into that

• Like 1