HWBOT Community Forums

HWBot Heaven benchmark basic issues (Solved)

Hey guys. Got a problem with the HWbot version of heaven. If i run the HWbot launcher for heaven using nvidia cards and run the basic benchmark it freezes a few seconds into the 8th scene or at the start of the 7th but the system is still somewhat responsive. If i run it with AMD cards the benchmark freezes on the startup loading screen and the system is still somewhat responsive but if i run the extreme benchmark through the hwbot launcher its fine using either amd or nvidia. If run it using either nvidia or amd from the normal heaven launcher and use the basic settings it runs fine and doesnt freeze at all. I have tried this in windows 10 and windows 7, with different cpu and ram and i get the same results. Has anyone seen this before?

Testbench specs are:
Celeron g3930 (upgrading soon)
8gb crucial 2400mhz (cant find a modle for it)
MSI Z270 SLI PLUS

Edited by (PTP) ShmoeMo

Heaven can be a massive pain to run sometimes.

I can't remember if these fix the issues you are having, but they are some things I have had do before:

• Enable (or disable) onboard audio, I can't remember which way around this is.
  • Launching in compatibility mode.
  • Like 1

Symptoms in the OP are exactly what I get when the audio devices are all disabled, no driver is installed or the audio services in the OS are disabled.  Heaven Basic requires a complete audio channel to be enabled and functioning -- at least up to the speaker, which can be muted thankfully.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So after reading both or your comments i decided to plug in my monitors line in so it had some form of audio output and bam it works great now. weird thing is if i unplug the monitor it still works :/   so im sthinking maybe the benchmark just needed to be able to link to a primary audio deivce just once and it still thinks the audio device is active even when unplugged.
Cheers for the help guys, Much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had the weirdest issue on Heaven basic on the various runs i tried this week but i have not found the workaround yet. I  At the beginning it has its difficult staggering as is normal but in the cases i see it simply start going negative in FPS and redo the same first 3 seconds of the run in endless loop. its the same as mentioned above in that if I actually started the heaven software itself it actually works.