HWBOT Community Forums

HWBOT experiencing some technical difficulties

Leeghoofd

Thought I would share something here that might benefit others if they are encountering the same thing. Every time I would try to access this community, I was locked out for failed access attempts. I thought maybe someone was trying to hack my account. When I would request a password reset, often the email would never arrive even though the email address was correct. I would get lockout emails, but not the password reset email.

Being locked out again this evening, I discovered Google Chrome is saving the same password for hwbot.org as community.hwbot.org. This is fine if they are the same, but if the passwords are different between the two web sites, Chrome will attempt to apply the one that was last saved in your password manager and you will end up locked out. You either have to make both passwords the same, memorize or save the password for the site that is different and manually enter it every time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...