HWBOT Community Forums

ultra_code - Athlon 64 4000+ (Toledo) @ 3228.5MHz - 452 cb Cinebench - 2003

ultra_code

• 10 months later...
  • Crew

AFAIK this category goes back to a request on Discord. It has some sort of legitimation. 

The E6 is actually indeed a Toledo. These are harvested dual cores with one core disabled. AMD however actually never named them Toledo and CPU-Z doesn't detect them, which makes this topic complicated.

You can read more after this post in german hwluxx forum.

The question however is, if this category should stay. I postponed a decision on this for some time now. If I think about some other AMD CPUs which unlocks to different cores because they used different harvested cores for their lowcost variants, it wouldn't be the same logic for these, means I would have to separate them too. 

• Like 1

• Crew
12 hours ago, TerraRaptor said:

Isn't M1rror right?

No. San Diego is a single-core die. The E6 isn't, it's a cut-off dual-core die. I'll post a copy of my letter to author of CPU-Z. I've just sent him another e-mail as a reminder. Sometimes he agrees to apply fixes but doesn't do it.

Edited by Antinomy

• Crew

Hello, Franck!
There are two CPUs that aren't documented anywhere and CPU-Z identifies them wrong.
ADA4000DKA5CF and ADA3700DKA5CF, identified as San Diego DH-E6.

Take a look at the table.

638636614_.png.de2d6492721e79f11ef135c9bcd2d330.png

First, the part number, it's different. Meaning AMD sold it as a different part (they sometimes sold CPUs with different cores under one part number).
Second, the CPUID, it's different but this is because the revision is different.
And now the (al)most interesting - extended model. For E4 it's 27 and for E6 it's 37. But this is not the case for Venice - both E3 and E6 have same 2F model. Meaning it's the same core, but different revisions. And for our 3700/4000+ there are different ext. models.

And the most important - stepping. The stepping code is like a silicon batch.
So here are the stepping codes for several CPUs:

A64 X2 4800+ Toledo: ACBWE CCB2E CCBWE LCB9E LCBIE

A64 4000+ E6: CCBWE LCB9E LCBBE LCBIE

A64 4000+ E4: AABHE CABGE CABHE KAB1E KAB2E KAB3E KABYE KACAE

Summing this up - AMD produced a CPU with a different p/n, different ext. model number and with steppings same a Toledo CPUs. Meaning this indeed is a Toledo core.

Moreover, according to AMD revision guide (where we don't see our CPUs unfortunately):

(1).png.302e02815e27ef9d513222aba18b9b55.png

but if they were, they'd be in the last line (same core as Toledo) but with their own CPUID (F72) meaning their stepping is JH-E6. JH stands for dual-core die.
I attach you a txt report of such a CPU (sinle core Toledo).
Please, fix displayed core name and stepping name (JH-E6) for them.

Thank you in advance!

(1).png

изображение.png

Edited by Antinomy
  • Like 5

• Crew

https://valid.x86.fr/gzixlx

So finally Franck released a beta with this fix. I've sent him feedback and I hope it'll get into stable release as well.
If anyone's interested I also have photo of a de-lidded CPU of this type sent by ultra_code. You can clearly see Toledo die compared to much smaller San Diego.

Edited by Antinomy
  • Like 1