HWBOT Community Forums

Bullshooter - Ryzen 9 7950X @ 5950MHz - 14sec 808ms y-cruncher - Pi-1b

Hicookie

Yeah, I can change it in OS as well, although not much with a board without extra external PLL, but asked because of all the "unreliable/skewed" stuff in Benchmate.

What is the difference in memclock compared to ambinent if you have tested? IMC seems to scale quite nicely with cold, but I'm unable to post at over 2200 fclk strap and haven't seen any other result with higher fclk - I think that's the limiting factor for (much) better scores.

I can almost train 7000 on the chiller, would probably be ok on LN2.

And...do you know when the Tachyon will be available in Germany? That's the only board I'm interested in right now.

FYI: I've tested 100 -> 100.50 in OS (internal CPU PLL) and benchmate spits the same unreliable/skewed stuff, although QPC is still displayed as Reliable. I think hwinfo does not detect the bclk correctly as it seems to use the Zen3 algorithm, however it seems to be different on Zen4, e.g. if I set 100.25 with my app, cpuz reports 100.50, while something like 100.1250 is not reflected. Either the granularity is different or there's more in it as the bios allows intermediate values. Need to investigate it, but overall bclk detection on Zen is PITA.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

• Crew
On 1/6/2023 at 3:35 PM, I.nfraR.ed said:

And...do you know when the Tachyon will be available in Germany? That's the only board I'm interested in right now.

PC Games Hardware made a news post about the B650E Tachyon and the editor said the board was not planned to be for sale in Europe according to Gigabyte. Maybe one of the Giga-boys can say something regarding availability.

• Sad 1