HWBOT Community Forums

wprime without screenshot after 1-1-2008

maxine

rich,we cant sumbit with link by 1.55!

As jmke says, you can submit using 1.55 with an online link. BUT, wprime 2.0 can also be used to submit an online link that by the current hwbot rules would be ok.

i was so angry when i saw this thread in the morning because r1ch said that we cheat or use some illegal version ! but after that i think the best way is test again with screen shot !

so dear you could see now with screen shot , OK ? :

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=834803

Thanks

Shahryar_NEO

Shahryar, please I am not calling you a cheater! :) I have no problem with you, you have not broken any rules. I have a problem with the hwbot rules for wprime and the silence from hwbot on this topic.

Note: I'm not saying any one of those results are definitely wprime 2.0 results - but there is no way of knowing they're not.

There is a completely public way of submitting a wprime 2.0 result and there being no way to block it. I can't understand why the rules haven't changed. I feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall.

Maybe if it was Superpi or a 3DMark then something would have been done by now.

Maybe we should remove all points from wprime now it is not a 'reliable' benchmark....SF3D?

I have tried to be polite, patient and understanding but I just don't understand.

To the crew: just update Wprime rules!

I'm asking this screenshot for ages now, just ask for a mandatory screenshot to prove the hardware and also the software used, both at the same time.

I don't think this is really complicated for you! Put a news in the main page in BOLD and that's all (folks)!

anvil

To the crew: just update Wprime rules!

I'm asking this screenshot for ages now, just ask for a mandatory screenshot to prove the hardware and also the software used, both at the same time.

I don't think this is really complicated for you! Put a news in the main page in BOLD and that's all (folks)!

anvil

i think it's impossible !!! for example i tested my E2180 2 month ago and now i don't have it ! after that rule many report my scores and said it's insufficient validation ! how can i prove that ?!

i think it's impossible !!! for example i tested my E2180 2 month ago and now i don't have it ! after that rule many report my scores and said it's insufficient validation ! how can i prove that ?!

Obviously all benchmark made before the new rule are considered as accepted benchmark.

It has always been the case for others changing rules, so why it will be different for this one?

the only person who can change something about this is the author of Wprime; he released Wprime 2.00 without checking with the HWBot and he submits to the bot without providing a version string; if he adds a version string to Wprime 2.00 when submitting to the bot we can filter these entries without problem

Who is this person?

Can you guys ask for him to do that? I don't know a lot in programming, but I don't think this is a titanic task.

the only person who can change something about this is the author of Wprime; he released Wprime 2.00 without checking with the HWBot and he submits to the bot without providing a version string; if he adds a version string to Wprime 2.00 when submitting to the bot we can filter these entries without problem

Wprime needs to submit version string when submitting to HWbot, that change needs to come from WPrime, we can't do anything about that

This isn't the problem! You know what the problem is...

I understand the issue; another bigger issue is that people can bench with Wprime 2.00, submit to hwbot and then remove verification link :(

we need a solution to this in very near future

Hwbot have two options:

1. Hwbot do nothing, and it is accepted that you can use wprime 2.0, submit online, and remove the verification link for a valid score.

2. Hwbot ask for screenshot for all wprime results, just like Spi, pifast, etc etc. Problem fixed.

So what is it, is wprime 2.0 allowed or not?

This isn't the problem! You know what the problem is...

Hwbot have two options:

1. Hwbot do nothing, and it is accepted that you can use wprime 2.0, submit online, and remove the verification link for a valid score.

2. Hwbot ask for screenshot for all wprime results, just like Spi, pifast, etc etc. Problem fixed.

So what is it, is wprime 2.0 allowed or not?

It's not allowed, but you can act like you don't know, and no-one will ever find out;)

of course that is the problem! SS or not is not the issue; Wprime 2.00 not submitting a string is the issue; we can fix this if we ask Wprime author to add a string to 2.00 and 1.55 versions, and only accept online submissions at HWBot if the applications submits a valid version string.

what you are talking about is a workaround, we need to address the core issue; and we can talk away all we want, in the end "HWBot" is one man: Frederik. And WPrime is one man : "wwww" they need to sit together and work things out.

Here it is plain and simple...

RULE: You must use the wPrime v1.55 version

PROBLEM: ANYONE can submit a wprime 2.0 result

The REASON you can submit a wprime 2.0 is because of the wprime string.

Maybe you can answer one question. Can the wprime website, or hwbot website, change the submission string AFTER the results is submitted online? I believe the string to come from the program/application itself, which means that anyone who has downloaded wprime 2.0 can submit a valid result today, tomorrow and for however long they want.

Maybe I should get some LN2 and start posting some wprime 2.0 results that take points away from the people that you will listen to when they start complaining.

I'll be honest, I love hwbot. I love the competition. But I find it unbelievable you can allow wrong results for 4 months.

PS. I'm not going to go away - I want to see hwbot fair again!

Edited by r1ch

A workaround is better than nothing. Plus, its good submission etiquette :)

Plus- a solution cant be backdated can it? I would like to see a workaround added-in ASAP to "stop the rot."

The effect of wP v2.0 might make some categories unbenchable in future depending on the software progression of wP. Thats not good :(

Having said that... wP is becoming obsolete. On a top-end rig, its quicker than SPi. The next gen might kill it completely.

Edited by K404

A workaround is better than nothing. Plus, its good submission etiquette :)

Plus- a solution cant be backdated can it? I would like to see a workaround added-in ASAP to "stop the rot."

The effect of wP v2.0 might make some categories unbenchable in future depending on the software progression of wP. Thats not good :(

Having said that... wP is becoming obsolete. On a top-end rig, its quicker than SPi. The next gen might kill it completely.

Yeah, but on the other hand... if wprime 32m is replaced by wprime 1024m and 1024m is replaced by... 32768m:p - then it'll take WEEKS to bench that one on older systems. Perhaps it's a good idea to enable/disable some benchmarks for certain CPUs - like when wprime32m takes 0.2s to complete. Probably lots of coding to do, though...

Thanks for the replies but you aren't actually answering my questions jmke, I don't know if it's the english barrier or something else.

What you're saying is that wprime 2.0 are allowed indefinitely.

As K404 says, a workaround is better than nothing.

Would you take action if a public vote called for it? I can't believe I'm the only one.

EDIT: looks like wprime has changed their website so that uploaded 2.0 results can't be submitted to hwbot from their website.

Well done wprime!! :D And a simple fix as well.

Now what about those results between Sept '08 and now that 'could' be wprime 2.0 results? Do we just have to accept them or is there a way of blocking those results potentially using wprime 2.0?

A ranking system with 3 layers to it (pre-1.55, 1.55 and now some 2.0 results) really isn't very good, especially as it could have been avoided.

Edited by r1ch

• 1 month later...

With the screen shot required rule and the Validation for "top 20" scores, which top 20 scores is it referring to? Is in the top 20 in any hardware class or just the top 20 global scores?

Cheers

FWIW I prefer to have a screenshot and a validation for all my scores - some of early ones don't have screenies but I prefer to have the screen shot as well :)

Cheers