HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT OC Challenge October 2011 thread.

PizzaMan

Hmm seen bugsy bugs in cl8 and 10 too noone notice ?

Edit:

Then I checked Elpida's datasheets, I think the correct MGH-E datasheet is not available, so I had a look at the one for EDJ1108BASE in general. Right at the beginning it says:

• /CAS Latency (CL): 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

• /CAS Write Latency (CWL): 5, 6, 7, 8

Seems like CL4 is not supported by DDR3 at all and the boards are running at some other CAS Latency. I know some guys think those clocks are real, but please show me CL5 at those clocks, it should be easy, right?

Can you show me in datasheets where it say they can do 3000Mhz ? If it's not writen does not mean is not possible yes or no ?

Edited by GunGod

Hmm seen bugsy bugs in cl8 and 10 too noone notice ?

Edit:

Can you show me in datasheets where it say they can do 3000Mhz ? If it's not writen does not mean is not possible yes or no ?

Well it doesn't say that it isn't possible, whereas it does show that CAS4 is not possible. So when it says that 3000 Mhz should not be possible then I will agree with you. Since it says CAS4 should not be possible I think they made the right choice.

The fact you would like to see obviously bugged runs count is.......interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

My understanding was that those points (10 down to 1) are just to "grade" the entries in the competition, so to speak. In actuality, each entrant receives 1 competition point for the team for participating, regardless of what position he/she comes in. I could be wrong, but that's what I understood.

oh yeah it was a good comp.

@besi

small team? no way! you guys have red ram pots! single stage cooled rams.

you guys are team.subzero_memory! lol

the team.fr guys if they went cold they could have given us a hard time.

@Christian

is the hwbot staff thinking about giving team points for this competition? competition points are boring lol.

Edited by Hondacity