HWBOT Community Forums

Competition Throne Holder

vasgto

Strategy, most definitly. Interesting, I have my doubts. Probably only for those who actively keep backups, but for other competitors it's overly boring, not to say anything about the spectators.

What's so interesting about having a competition where everyone submits a crap score during the comp and then submits the backup 5 minutes before the comp ends? I'd be excited for 5 minutes.

This has got to be the best idea yet...

Since most sports can have ties, they go into overtime. In this sport, if you want to call it a sport, ties hardly ever occur. In any case, with this "competition throne holder" feature... a new rule can be implemented.

The winner MUST hold this title for at least 5 minutes after the competition has ended... anyone with a previous entry can resubmit a new score after the deadline. YES after the dead line, so anyone with a back up can submit their score. Okay so the competition lasts longer,(might attract more viewers) I cant imagine it lasting any longer than an extra hour. However, the winner is the best score with at least 5 minutes of "competition throne holder" after the deadline...

Just bored and brainstorming.... anyway, could solve some problems with this last minute submission stuff.

What do you guys (the overclocking community) think?

Vas

if we would implement such a feature, we should only allow people who where in the top 3 during the competition, to send in a better score if their score is beaten in the final hour of the competition. We don't want people using crap backup scores to be able to submit a great one in overtime.

I can see the "need" for backups... like, it's always an advantage to be in the last pair during a skating competition, as you know all the other track times and then know what times to beat. But benching takes alot more than 5 minutes, so if you post your best score during the last hour, there's little to no chance anyne can setup a new rig and squeeze the absolute max out of it and make the deadline. Which is the number one reason for me to say it's not a suggestion that makes any positive differences.

...and on the other hand, is it common to not post the best scores unless you really have to? Like, you have the top score until the last few moments, but you have a backup thats higher. Who would you NOT want to post that one near the deadline? Sounds incredibly stupid to me:D At least in a competition like this where you don't get global cups for your work, only HW cups at best.

It should rather be awarded points/prizes/other advantages for holding the top-spot for a certain amount of time and/or for the longest time during competition.

Just how effective this option will be, remains to be seen tho, strategy always goes toward winning the event....