HWBOT Community Forums

O.M.G. Event

Is this "user" allowed within HWB rules? Results posted by Mortisboy and phil? They both have individual accounts as it is.

If I remember right, HWB decided to not allow teams to have a seperate account for public/group events.

I am trying to find the threads that discussed this situation, but so far I can't find anything :(

Benchtec had a separate profile for group/ live event scores. HWB asked that it was discontinued because the idea was open to abuse. I kinda see their point. Every time someone on a forum does an event, you get another "free" set of global results with this method. If you and phil got e.g. 6 results, you could each submit 3. No sharing, no gray area, no worries :)

I am trying to find the threads that discussed this situation, but so far I can't find anything :(

Benchtec had a separate profile for group/ live event scores. HWB asked that it was discontinued because the idea was open to abuse. I kinda see their point. Every time someone on a forum does an event, you get another "free" set of global results with this method. If you and phil got e.g. 6 results, you could each submit 3. No sharing, no gray area, no worries :)

This is my understanding as well. It is specified in the rules (for whatever that is worth) that at group events the scores went on one of the users involved's accounts.

3952208.jpg

Doesn't say anything about making a special third account, but I know it's been declared to be Generally Not Good in the past.

Just saw this thread.

No, creating an extra account is not okay unless:

- the account is not under a specific team

- the account is set to 'no points'

If you want scores to go under the team and generate points for the team, just upload them to one of the accounts of the participating members :).