HWBOT Community Forums

I.nfraR.ed - Core i7 3770K @ 6595MHz - 5sec 453ms SuperPi

I.nfraR.ed

Nah, for me overclocking is not pure frequency and being the first to submit, it's optimizing every aspect of the system that matters in the given benchmark. In other words: squeezing the last ounce of performance from the system.

Just my understanding. I'm not complaining (much) for those "lost" 1.6p, I just feel the proper ranking is in reverse order by cpu frequency (it's a cpu benchmark after all, although other factors play role as well). I can easily beat it with better settings.

CPU-Z validations are okay to rank by submission time. Only frequency matters there.

In case of a tie, chronological order matters. ;)

Seems to be this way in the bot, but don't see how that matters for pi, wprime, ucbench, pifast.

What is more valuable - being fast and in a hurry, picking a better cpu and running at higher frequency or submitting later with worse cpu, but same score (spent more time on tweaking)? I know the answer for me, but others might think different.

That;'s just a hypothetical question, not saying my score is uber efficient. Actually I feel it's quite the opposite :D.

I think Massman once said something like "it's overclocking => more cpu speed = higher rank"

Not applied here, scores are ranked by submission time.

Bottom line is I'm behind Massman, when we all know he sucks :D

Edited by I.nfraR.ed