HWBOT Community Forums

The official GIGABYTE OC Winter Whiteout thread.

pilot_

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last call for the Wintery system pictures! Tomorrow's selection day!

Show us Your Winter Wonderland Submission Photos

As a special bonus, the ‘Winter OC Whiteout’ will also offer a prize for the submission photo that most creatively inspires the festive spirit. So make sure to snap your submission photo when your LN2 pot is at it absolute snowiest.

On January 10th 2012, the ten snowiest and most festive submission photos will be added to the GIGABYTE Motherboard Tech Column Facebook page. The photo that receives the most Facebook ‘likes’ by midnight on January 20th 2012, claims the prize. The bonus winner will receive a GIGABYTE Z77-HD4 motherboard plus a Cooler Master Sirus S-5.1 gaming headset.

how the fluck im behind 200pts clock to clock in dx11 heaven to another 7970 guys ?

me : 1290 / 1800 - 12.11 beta 8 driver tess OFF - 3200pts

another guy : 1250 / 1780 - 12.11 beta 8 driver tess off i think - 3400 points ... cpu is the same

only difference is mobo which is up5th-cf vs up7 ( me )

how the blunny im behind 200pts clock to clock in dx11 heaven to another 7970 guys ?

another guy : 1250 / 1780 - 12.11 beta 8 driver tess off i think - 3400 points ... cpu is the same

I think people arent showing the right clocks. look at the 3dm11 subs for reference. whats stated is not the same as what is in screen shot. it seems shady... I think that sandbagging is too much a part of the game now.

how the blunny im behind 200pts clock to clock in dx11 heaven to another 7970 guys ?

Hello, what slot do you have the card in that board?

You should have it in the black slot, otherwise the latency from the PLX bridge on the orange slots will affect your scores.

LOL, my UP7 is acting weird... When GPU is in black PCIe slot increasing BCLK also increases PCIe freqency - all over 103MHz means black screen. Orange slot is ok of course. Any ideas? I have tried 3 different BIOSes and two CPUs. Still the same. Shouldn't the multiplier for PCIe be fixed?

LOL, my UP7 is acting weird... When GPU is in black PCIe slot increasing BCLK also increases PCIe freqency - all over 103MHz means black screen. Orange slot is ok of course. Any ideas? I have tried 3 different BIOSes and two CPUs. Still the same. Shouldn't the multiplier for PCIe be fixed?

try to change your MEMORY

I'm assuming you're using a HD 7970.

For HD7970 and UP7: switch PCIe to gen2 will give you the possibility to get higher BCLK frequency. I've been able to run 105+ with gen3, but it's hit'n'miss - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. There is a marginal loss in performance. According to Gigabyte, the problem is located on the 7970 (their implementation of pcie gen3 switch).

BCLK and PCIe frequency are linked on SB, SB-E and IB. Only on SB-E you can get higher BCLK with lower PCIe frequency because of the BCLK ratio gears 1.25x or 1.66x. On SB and IB, it's always linked to the BCLK frequency.

@Xgamespati I have tried BBSE, PSC and MNH-E in different slots. Always the same.

Thanks Massman :-) I will try this. You assume right, I use 7970 Matrix. The question is which combination will be better. GEN3 orange slot with higher latency, or black slot GEN2 with lower latency...