HWBOT Community Forums

Haswell 4670K/4770K Batch and Serial Numbers

Massman

My new one L333B987 I just made only 2 boot tests, tried X49 and boot with 1.30(maybe less), X45 boot with 1.19 (maybe more low), tomorrow i'll try other tests and write the results

http://valid.canardpc.com/agu5vl

http://valid.canardpc.com/r8t5lu

It seems better than my old Costa

http://forum.hwbot.org/showpost.php?p=288742&postcount=874

Edited by Riccardo79

nono i mean VID when you boot your cpu on mobo defaults it will show the default volt of CPU. that is your vid

for my 1.17v 5ghz cpu is .966

for my 1.24v 5ghz ES is 1.022

Ok understand, my one is 1.024 ... but i think that it is a good cpu, what you think about mine? I know that it is not a gold one(like your), i think for 5ghz i need 1.3v more o less.

I think VID could well be a good sign of how well the chip will do. The one i've got in at the moment is 1.008vid and will boot 5.0ghz at 1.25v. Never tired lower, was my 1st haswell (1st build in 5 years) and didn't really play about with it for boot, just stability which is a thing of the past for me now!

Got another i'm checking when i get home on Monday, iirc it's a 5.2ghz boot at either 1.31v or 1.33v. I'll check both as i've been meaning to add the 1st to the front page but just never got round to it!

Edited by Doug2507

nono i mean VID when you boot your cpu on mobo defaults it will show the default volt of CPU. that is your vid

for my 1.17v 5ghz cpu is .966

for my 1.24v 5ghz ES is 1.022

And the stock cache voltage it must be low, because i have 2 cpu's with same vid 0.992-1.008v (depends on mb),

the one can run spi32m 4c/8t 1.35v at 4.9G and the other it can't even boot at that voltage because the cache voltage is deferent,

1.1v stock cache volt the good one and 1.2v the other..;-pp

Correct me if i'm wrong..;-)

Sorry for my bad English..;-ppp

Edited by Da_KiLLA

Hey guys im new right here. I recently bought a i7 4770k with batch number L333B983 and i saw Riccardo79 was having a similar batch numer than mine. Can you Riccardo79 post the oc results of the cpu with batch number L333B986 please? Thank you.

Sorry for my english.. I need to improve and practice it more often.

Hey guys im new right here. I recently bought a i7 4770k with batch number L333B983 and i saw Riccardo79 was having a similar batch numer than mine. Can you Riccardo79 post the oc results of the cpu with batch number L333B986 please? Thank you.

Sorry for my english.. I need to improve and practice it more often.

I have just triyed only 4.5ghz, Rock solid with 1.18vcore under linx 0.6.4, ibt and aida64

http://imageshack.com/a/img822/9313/tbrt.jpg

My cpu boot and bench to 4.8ghz with 1.25 but not yet stressed in that frequency. I'll do soon.

I didn't tryed to go up the 4.8ghz, i don't want to broke nothing yet :D , but i need to test i think.

PS

My batch is L333B987 :)

A question, should be better to allow the idle reduction frequency and vcore or its better to be always on the maximus frequency and vcore (in idle too)?

I'm thinking that it is not so good to allow the CPU frequency and the vcore to go up and down continuously.... or it is not a problem for the cpu?

Thanks

Edited by Riccardo79

I have just triyed only 4.5ghz, Rock solid with 1.18vcore under linx 0.6.4, ibt and aida64

http://imageshack.com/a/img822/9313/tbrt.jpg

My cpu boot and bench to 4.8ghz with 1.25 but not yet stressed in that frequency. I'll do soon.

I didn't tryed to go up the 4.8ghz, i don't want to broke nothing yet :D , but i need to test i think.

PS

My batch is L333B987 :)

A question, should be better to allow the idle reduction frequency and vcore or its better to be always on the maximus frequency and vcore (in idle too)?

I'm thinking that it is not so good to allow the CPU frequency and the vcore to go up and down continuously.... or it is not a problem for the cpu?

Thanks

Wow such a good voltage for 4,5Ghz... mine at 3,9ghz it have 1,13V... maybe too much?

Finally got myself some Haswell.

First CPU looks good, or at least above average. Will have to see under LN2 if it scales :D

4770K batch 3318B691

4c/8t 32M @ 5GHz 1.36v

f3gea4D.jpg?1

4c/4t 32M @ 5GHz 1.35v

jJi6zEJ.jpg?1

2c/2t 32M @ 5GHz 1.34v (didn't try lower)

CvAbQeS.jpg?1

Edited by QuantumX