HWBOT Community Forums

aGeoM - 2x DDR2 @ 581.2MHz - 1028.1 marks MaxxMem

placid

:) Finaly I got the NB Frenquency working on this board, it was a little tricky at the beginning, but now I know how to do it, easely. The BIOS of my M3A79-T doesn´t alow me to set HT ref up to 210, so I had to use the old stuff. :)

Latency is achieved with memory timings, and yes I will try another version in another board if ASUS engenniers pull out a decend BIOS for M3A79-T at time (refuses to post @210 HT ref w/ Sempron), with this M2N32 board v.1.82 doesn't run, CPU-Z it's eating all resources and got stuck, I can't even close the process. Need to reboot. v1.78 it's fine. My DDR and DDR3 results are with v.1.82.

Edited by aGeoM

I'm starting to think this score might be bugged. The latency is very low in comparison to Chew*'s scores (which is a phenomenon occuring with bugged runs).

Can you try V1.82? It may just be that V1.74 doesn't support Regor well enough.

Preliminary test w/ M3A79-T, BIOS Version 1203, MaxxMEM v1.82

screenshot2wv.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks Calathea for BIOS hint

• Crew

Massman, at first I thought there was something wrong with this score as well as I have seen many bugged scores getting posted, but since it's only hitting 5ns lower latency then normal I don't think it's bugged, but of course it could be some new kind of bug.

Maybe it's due to the NV chipset?

I can only comment on Intel chipsets but they are hitting lower latencies as well, check Vendetta's DDR2 score for example.

However, I did not expect the chipset on AMD to create such a big difference in MaxxMem.

Guys, I'm not a n00b, I know how important latency is in this benchmark, but a difference of 7ns to the second best score is HUGE!

Ok, you know how important it is, now you only need to know how to reduce it, at that point. ;)

I don't mind at all to explain how to do it, in a couple weeks :P