HWBOT Community Forums

2X cores vs. 4X cores

What's the real deal with the 2X core and 4X core scoring on unlockable CPU's? Just for example, the Phenom II X2 550 BE class is just littered with 4 core entrys labled as 2X. I almost don't even want to submit in there because I already know I'm getting screwed before I even submit. All of the unlockable processor classes are like this. Why?

My god man, it'll take me all night. So be it. Prepare yourselves. Thor is gonna hate me.:(

Just hang on for a second... if you click onb a ubmission it says "2 cores active" or "4 cores active" or whatever. If you find unlocked scores that still say 2 cores active, then report. But i checked the 550 and 555 ranks, and there wasn't much of a problem (maybe I missed something,I dunno). Also remember that this ONLY applies to PCMark05, and both wPrime categories. Superpi and pifast ranks are unafffected by this type of error.

Just hang on for a second... if you click onb a ubmission it says "2 cores active" or "4 cores active" or whatever. If you find unlocked scores that still say 2 cores active, then report. But i checked the 550 and 555 ranks, and there wasn't much of a problem (maybe I missed something,I dunno). Also remember that this ONLY applies to PCMark05, and both wPrime categories. Superpi and pifast ranks are unafffected by this type of error.

I understand the breakdown, and which benchmarks are affected.;)

Edited by Mr.Scott

My god man, it'll take me all night. So be it. Prepare yourselves. Thor is gonna hate me.:(

well if you think that some scores are wrong just report them (it is part of my "job") but you have to be "sure" - if like some guys you report 100 submissions and that in fact 95% are good, yeah I hate the whole world lol :D