HWBOT Community Forums

FlashG - Radeon HD 4850 GDDR3 @ 1100/1400MHz - 15051 marks 3DMark Vantage - Performance

I.nfraR.ed

sorry , but from mine experience with lot of cards and "accidentaly" about 10 x Hd 4850 ..this score it is imposibile on water..even chiller .

RV770 don´t scale up to 1100mhz with +temp on gpu , the best of cards can 1000-1020 mhz and 1.55v -1,6v , low ambient temperature.

1100mhz is almost the maximum of this chip on LN2 ( and remember lot of these chip´s work full POT ), and you say that score is on water??

for me does´t matter what do you say but is not fair play here ..

i´m currios have you hard modded? samsung or hynix ic ram´s? what gpu voltage and mem?

Memory frequency is not unbelievable, I've had Gainwards hit 1380-1400 with Samsung 0.8ns at 2.3-2.4V, but 1110 on the core is highly unbelievable.

That's why I want to know more details. All 4850s I've tested were not able to hit 1GHz mark on low ambients (but not too low).

Guess I would hit 1GHz with subzero air temps, but that's all about it. For higher frequencies you'd definitely need SS/DICE/LN2.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

yes , i have 2 x hd 4850 msi OC with samsung ic´s and can over 1400 , but i want info from this guy not you:) even Qimonda ram with a strong mem controler can do 1350mhz, i have one :D gainward cards it have NCP gpu pwm controller and lot of problems with OVP protection over 1.55v :) need to make it zombie:)

Edited by nachtfalke

Yes, with disabled OCP max vGPU is 1.6V. But that's another story.

I wonder why the old submission was deleted and then re-uploaded?

Old comments there are now lost...

Noone have ever seen such strong 4850, wonder what it would do on LN2, 1300+? That's all, we are curious and want more info. It doesn't matter you have moved to XOC league...

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

• Administrators

No, works, and I think the discussion at least about if the submission is legit ot not in means of used cooling is over :) - as you can see Flash moved to overclockers league, so used cooling is at least not important for league ranking anymore

sure:)

we want proof , i am satisfied with a film run vantage gpu test at 1060 ...i´m not ask for 1100+ because is obvious.

if you are a overclocker and you play with lot of hw ..y know allready that freq is not possible on water .. one day before he posted with same setup/coolin/bench- 980mhz on gpu ...and one day after he have a revelation at 1110mhz ?

The fact he moved to XOC doesn't solve the "problem" for me either.

It doesn't matter which league you belong to. Trying to fool people is still not acceptable.

I guess people are asking themselves if the cooling is chilled water indeed, then how that screenshot was produced? Because the frequency is really hard to believe.

If the cooling is something else like LN2, then he was lying from the beginning.

Either way, it is not good.

A simple video showing gpu running even at lower fequency than 1100, plus cooling and temps would be enough.

In my opinion, if I had such a great card, I'd want to show it in every possible way :)

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

As I said before, it took me a long time to get this run. When I run this card on my 2700k I have both the proc and gpu in the same water loop ( see red water loop going to card in pic). When I run this card in the xeon machine, just the gpu is in the water loop. It is easier keep temps lower so the card runs better. I didn't measure volts, so don't have the answer to those questions. I am just starting to try hard volt mods, but haven't put any easy volt reading mods into my cards. I do this (hwbot) for fun and escape, not for attention or money. I moved to this league so I could just keep having fun. I was Thrilled with this run and it drew a lot of negative comments. I was very disappointed. I don't like getting that feeling from my hobby...

so , you bench without know the voltages? , even voltmode nothing? but you hint 1110 mhz?..need to try this trick ..prehaps i will hint WR easily=)),... hd4850 don´t have software voltages control:D( just matrix ( itracker software)..and that is limited to 1.35v if i remember corectly form my card ) so you need voltmode evan on matrix , just saying you will need 1.55 -1,6v in gpu for 1ghz

what ram ic´s have you on the card? gpu load temps?

IF your card can do very very hard 1110mhz heavy load vantage gpu test ..i undestand that , BUT if can do 1110mhz , FOR SURE can do EASILY 1060 -1080mhz for exemple every time from day or night to make a film with all detail asked before als a proof!

thanks!

Edited by nachtfalke