HWBOT Community Forums

Challenger 2014- Division V Round 1

filmbot

I assume these questions have already been asked and/or been determined but thought it would be a good idea to try to centralize questions.

Overview says this is to incorporate the iGP of the APUs but when you click on the first stage, it says, "Only make submissions with a 285 videocard."

Is this a Nvidia 285 VGA?

Personally, the confusion goes on to Division IV also where it's stated, "In Challenger Division IV round the hardware is limited to the mainstream APU processors and their integrated graphics cards. The processor choice is limited to the Bulldozer and Piledriver models."

So are you actually talking about APU CPUs with discrete VGAs or CPUs from that architecture you're requesting or what?

What I assume is this has been discussed in the forums and not been brought to clarity on the main page where it should be.

I'm sorry that this may come off kurt, aggressive or what have you but if you are looking to move this into the professional realm, things like this need to be stated clearly.

Personally I could go on but I appreciate what you guys are doing and enjoy the overall idea of what's going on but seems some details are missing.

If I'm out of line and need to be checked because I'm missing something obvious, please tell me and I'll redact/edit anything here.

Awesome.

Still the 285 thing needs to be explained or changed or something.

Exactly. I understand there are no prizes awarded but it put best foot forward in competition I think is what we are all looking to do. While I know this is not the higher levels for the competition, clarification across all levels needs to happen.

Taken from the comp page

"In Challenger Division V round the hardware is limited to the mainstream APU processors and their integrated graphics cards. The processor choice is limited to the Kaveri, Richland and Trinity models. The graphics card choice is limited to their integrated graphics."

If it was a R9 285 it would say R9 285

Taken from the comp page

"In Challenger Division V round the hardware is limited to the mainstream APU processors and their integrated graphics cards. The processor choice is limited to the Kaveri, Richland and Trinity models. The graphics card choice is limited to their integrated graphics."

If it was a R9 285 it would say R9 285

Of course we all noticed this but if you click on "Stage 1," one of the requirements says, "Only make submissions with a 285 video card."

Obviously this can be looked at as an easy mistake for whatever reason but then looking at Division 4 the requirements are just as murky as the language you posted.

"In Challenger Division IV round the hardware is limited to the mainstream APU processors and their integrated graphics cards. The processor choice is limited to the Bulldozer and Piledriver models. The graphics card choice is limited to the GeForce GTX 780, GTX 780 TI, GTX 980 and the Radeon R9 290X."

:confused: