HWBOT Community Forums

[FS] Geil EvoTwo 2400c9 PSC

DartMaul

4x2GB Geil EvoTwo 2400 9-11-9

Got these sticks just a couple of weeks ago. Was looking for a quad PSC kit for my X79 rig. Haven't tested them much but it seems they aren't very good on X79. Also I'm waiting for some more RAM to arrive so I decided to let these go.

A guy who sold me these (Luumi) promised these should go better on Z97, like 2666 8-12-8 twcl6 at around 1.86v. Unfortunately, I don't have any Haswell rig at hand to test.

PS PCB version of all 4 sticks is KO-8117

I0ix1yql.jpg

c7uPYlOl.jpg

otKDlUQ.png

image_id_1312120.png

Sale is temporary suspended

Edited by DartMaul
suspended
  • Like 1

Guest Sinebrychof

These worked well on my z97 system without any bugs before I gave them to dartmaul :o. They did abit better than my mach xtremes aswell although didn't use them that much. Only one stick of the four was pretty worse than others. I quickly ran the kit 10 at 2666 8-12-8 twcl6 at 1.86v and worked on 32m. Didnt test trcd limit though.

Sad that they seem to be broken on x79 like my mach xtremes and dominators.

I took some time for testing yesterday, but my CPU/Mobo go crazy when I apply some actual clocks/timings. With some settings I post w/o VGA, some settings cause the system to power off after few sec on stress etc.

I really shout test them on Z97 but don't have such platform at hand. Would ask friends to use those rigs for testing.

It will be sweet and honest, for 150euro worth of PSC they really shuld run fast and point out what are the limits of the kit at least air cooled!

BTW where are you from?

Agreed about price. I would drop it down once I would get actual results and if they would be lower as they should be. (Current price is based on performance level Luumi promised me)

I'm from Russia. If you mention shipping cost it shouldn't exceed 10 euro for a dual kit.

Since I have no luck with this RAM on my X79 rig, I would ship sticks back to Luumi. I hope he'll make it work and submit proper validation results over here.

I'm sorry for inconvenience, selling is temporary suspended and would hopefully get back actual in 2 weeks.

BTW I'm waiting for 4x2GB 2200c7 Pi and 4x2GB 2400c9 Patriot Viper II Sector 5 RAMs to arrive, so if you're still looking for a good PSC, I'll may offer you some next week. (after proper testing)

Edited by DartMaul
  • Like 1

I am without a doubt interested in atleast a pair that will run 2750 c8 with tight 2666 or 2600 presets on air

Also i have a descent number of 2200 c7 and 2133 c7 ripjaws and pi sticks if you are interested. I can bin them on x79 also 4930k and 3930k if you are interested mobos; rive r4be and msi bb2

Edited by Random

Thanks, but I'd like to test mems I already have (at least purchased) first.

2750c8 thin subs is kinda tough, since as I know PSC stop benefit from voltage at around 1.95, so binning should be like 2666c8 at 1.85v. Not sure if there's any noticeable chance to find such quality sticks in these bins. But if I will you'll get a PM.

PS Luumi has a pair of such sticks (2500c9 bin) but he won't sell them for sure)

Just confirmed a delivery of my patriot vipers on Wednesday, so I hope to post some screenshots in few days.

Previously I had a pair of both 2133c7 ripjaws and 2200c7 pi. Ripjaws were worthless and Pi were around 1.9v for 2666c8 thin.

The only kit I had was really interesting was 2000c6 pi. Unfortunately, one day I decided to let them go since I've used them rarely. It was a big mistake.

Edited by DartMaul
  • Like 1

I still have those c6 2000 and they are forsale on my thread i can trade you them back for something, they are nice, one srick does 2750 c8 with io at 5 with 1.91v on my z97 oc formula which is great for it because it usually takes 1.94

they did 2666 without any difficulty

I have a few kits that do 2666 pretty easily. I had 3pi and 1 ripjaws stick for x79 untill i got this other pair of c6 2000 that did c7 2400 at 1.68v

I have some good ripjaw sets but i have to figure out which they are, i havent gotten around to binning alot of my psc on z97 because i have so much