HWBOT Community Forums

I.nfraR.ed - Athlon XP-M 2500+ @ 2400MHz - 39sec 356ms SuperPi - 1M

Mr.Scott

I don't see a way for 282 1:1 and tight timings (BH-5) though :)

It's not so easy even with s.939.

Will fix windows later, however I think the other board is dead (the one without capacitor between 2 FETs to the mem slots) from the high 3.3V rail.

It was behaving the same with just vdimm mod. So maybe it is good to be extra careful if your infinity is the same.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

I don't see a way for 282 1:1 and tight timings (BH-5) though :)

It's not so easy even with s.939.

Will fix windows later, however I think the other board is dead (the one without capacitor between 2 FETs to the mem slots) from the high 3.3V rail.

It was behaving the same with just vdimm mod. So maybe it is good to be extra careful if your infinity is the same.

Thanks for the warning. :)

Going to try a different route using a small buck converter to power just the ram right at the slot. Similar to what the OCZ booster did. I've done it before on a NF7, but the DFI is a slightly different animal.

Thanks for the warning. :)

Going to try a different route using a small buck converter to power just the ram right at the slot. Similar to what the OCZ booster did. I've done it before on a NF7, but the DFI is a slightly different animal.

Hey Mr.Scott, I don't know why but that OCZ booster doesn't work with ANY DFI board I've tried from nForce 2 all the way to nForce 4 and CFX3200.

Hey Mr.Scott, I don't know why but that OCZ booster doesn't work with ANY DFI board I've tried from nForce 2 all the way to nForce 4 and CFX3200.

Hey Jon. :)

Long time no see.

Yes, I'm aware about the booster. If my little buck converter idea doesn't work, I'l just go with the conventional Vdimm mod.

EDIT- No boot with converter. Board still works without it (*whew*).

Guess it will be to conventional VR mod.

Edited by Mr.Scott

The problem with my Ultra B was that conventional vdimm mod didn't work either.

Hmmm.....interesting.

It worked on my Ultra B, and this Infinity doesn't appear to have anything different other than the obvious stuff. Had to send for more trimmers, I was out. I'll finish the mod this weekend. Hopefully, it'll work.

@phobosq - its a shame :(

Scotty tell me what do you think about this deads when big vMEM? It's dead chipset or dead MEM power section? Maybe you just blowen ass of power mosfet?! Mabye "ref dimm" voltages must be ideally half of vMEM ? So what do you think?

@phobosq - its a shame :(

Scotty tell me what do you think about this deads when big vMEM? It's dead chipset or dead MEM power section? Maybe you just blowen ass of power mosfet?! Mabye "ref dimm" voltages must be ideally half of vMEM ? So what do you think?

Blew a mosfet in the Vdimm power section. Should be an easy fix. Makes me feel a little better.:o