HWBOT Community Forums

GTX 980 voltage control software

Guest TheMadDutchDude

Guest TheMadDutchDude

Hey guys,

I'm finally having a play with my GTX 980, but I for the life of me cannot think what I need to get it to play with the voltages. I know the card can do it via software as the guy I got it from (8 Pack) did just that.

I know there is some Galax software which can do it for certain cards, and given that mine is a Galax SOC card, perhaps it would work for mine too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to push it a bit further on air to get used to it before I take things on to LN2.

Thank you. :)

Hey guys,

I'm finally having a play with my GTX 980, but I for the life of me cannot think what I need to get it to play with the voltages. I know the card can do it via software as the guy I got it from (8 Pack) did just that.

I know there is some Galax software which can do it for certain cards, and given that mine is a Galax SOC card, perhaps it would work for mine too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to push it a bit further on air to get used to it before I take things on to LN2.

Thank you. :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7So1KUWMMFEZHhURnBUdnhNb1U/view

test if this works

Guest TheMadDutchDude

I already had a play with the BIOS earlier today (thinking I'd have to change that) and it is already at 1.275v at stock.

Its power limits are maxed out too, and the card has had the SMD's soldered over (8 Pack did it).

I'll give that a try, Raules. Many thanks! I saw that program before but I thought it only went up by a max of 100mV.

Jason, thank you! That'll allow me to tweak LOD and such as well, won't it?

I should note that MSI AB and EVGA Precision only allow me to add a max of 37mV to the voltage. I can't find a way to get around that. I am clearly doing something wrong. :D

EDIT: It fails to launch on the machine with the GPU installed, but it launches fine on my Ultrabook.

It says:

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command line sxstrace.exe for more details.

A quick Google suggests it's missing C++ Runtime components. What do you guys think?

Edited by TheMadDutchDude