HWBOT Community Forums

ludek - SDR SDRAM @ 187MHz - 281.9 MHz Memory Clock

ludek

I wanted to do it again, I can not see that PCI /2 thing. What did I do when ocing?! Maybe U have right with some bug. But I even recorded SPI 1 M Video... I think PCI is limitting me. Tried with MX440-8x card but goes upto AGPCLK>70 MHz or somewhere like that.

That was my first idea when you expressed your doubts. I wanted to run SPI at the same FSB settings and see what will happen.

Ok here are some screenshots:

1. The screenshot from the video

2. The screenshot 133:100 a the same settings

heck, seems like a bug :( How else can I explain that? But it means that CPUz has a strange algorithm(?) Well newest version has number of improvements like XOC (and useless bench option) but eg. is saving screenshots at wrong CPU-Frequency-values.BMP when pressing F5. I made some calculations and if the CPU frequency is for example 1653 MHz, filename will be cpu-526.bmp. 1653/526=PI... what the?!

I don't blame anybody, maybe it's a bug. I will delete this submission today if after more tests I find it buggy or wrong. Gradus I can send you newest ABIT bioses. yesterday I found a good way to get those from internet.

I can't explain this. Seems like motherboard turned on after 2:3 (FSB:MEM) set. Then was overclocking flawesly and I thaught that I'll record a videos. After this I wasn't able to reproduce the score because of motherboard decided that exacly the same settings will now work as 4:3 (FSB:MEM). How...

But anyway I learned something I have never seen before. Sorry for the mess.

I have new conclusions, correct me if I'm wrong:

1. Cache ECC cheching is giving absoultely nothing and might be usefull when long SPI32 run

2. Q.deph 1 is slow 4 is fast (I never was looking at this option thinking it's something not with performance)

3. enabling every option in memset on solano platform and 2-2-2-5 and 15us refresh is the fastest setting

4. good mems is the fundamental thing!

5. Hard disks are crashing at >60-70 MHz PCI clock and some AGP cards are strong

*6. It might be need to solder a CMOS divider to divide PCI and AGP clocks... Hmm clock integrity... Maybe it will work :)