HWBOT Community Forums

The official GIGABYTE Target OC Open Target Ambient 4 cores thread.

Christian Ney

• 2 weeks later...
Will the rest of the stages have a more reliable start time?

As anoying as it was waiting for the target to be announced I just dont think it will mater for the outcome of this competition as I have a hard time seeing people hitting the exact target in the geekbench stage when the target will be 5 digits instead of 3 making it 100 times harder to hit it.

Not to mention that the variation between runs is larger in Geekbench than in XTU further making it harder to hit the score.

As an example, it took me 89 reruns at the same frequencys to hit 250 points in cloudgate for the teamcup and I was first to post that score. That was with 8 scores of 249 points and 6 scores of 251 points and the rest of the scores between something like 240 and 260 (a few randoms as high as 290) so if the target there would have been 5 digits it would have been impossible.

<blockquote><span style="font-weight:bold;">Lochekey said: </span>Will the rest of the stages have a more reliable start time?</blockquote><br/>

<br/>

As anoying as it was waiting for the target to be announced I just dont think it will mater for the outcome of this competition as I have a hard time seeing people hitting the exact target in the geekbench stage when the target will be 5 digits instead of 3 making it 100 times harder to hit it.<br/>

Not to mention that the variation between runs is larger in Geekbench than in XTU further making it harder to hit the score. <br/>

<br/>

As an example, it took me 89 reruns at the same frequencys to hit 250 points in cloudgate for the teamcup and I was first to post that score. That was with 8 scores of 249 points and 6 scores of 251 points and the rest of the scores between something like 240 and 260 (a few randoms as high as 290) so if the target there would have been 5 digits it would have been impossible.

I agree that for the geekbench portion that timing is not quite as critical, but it is critical for the xtu portion as you yourself proved with your entry less than an hour after the target being posted. Please don't take this as a personal actually because I was prepared this morning to jump this contest as well. I was just frustrated earlier because I rearranged my schedule to be home when the comp opened. Because the target was not posted then I used up the time I allotted and had to step out for a little. I got home about 45 minutes after the target was posted. So that is enough of me ranting and I apologize again for my earlier snap comment.

hi, I can not figure out why the Stage Geekbench 4 core , I have made the highest score but are ranked next to last , what's wrong ? I also unchecked hyper threading .

Please let help me figure out what I'm wrong , the Regulation seems to me to follow him for good

the goal in this competition is to hit the target score and not to get the highest score.