HWBOT Community Forums

Asus Crosshair Formula AM3 board

Phill

Ideally if anyone has one, complete with box and accessories (back plate etc) but bare board would do..

Not sure what CPU's might be the best to go for (points to cost ratio!!) but I'd be willing to consider a few dual/tri/quads or even a 8 core if one was a proven overclocker (aiming to get that 8Ghz achievement!!)

Please let me know :)

• 1 month later...
Ideally if anyone has one, complete with box and accessories (back plate etc) but bare board would do..

Not sure what CPU's might be the best to go for (points to cost ratio!!) but I'd be willing to consider a few dual/tri/quads or even a 8 core if one was a proven overclocker (aiming to get that 8Ghz achievement!!)

Please let me know :)

Have one (non-Z) with 9370 that does 8.1+ GHz (have validation on my profile using that combo).

If interested, feel free to send me a pm :)

I've recently managed to buy a non Crosshair board but I've only managed to find a few dual core CPU's to go in it at the moment..

Just for research, what sort of price would you be looking for the CPU on its own? I take it you might prefer to get rid of the CPU and board together tho?

I've been keeping an eye to the prices of the octo cores on ebay (just for an estimate) but sounds a bit high.. Would it include postage?

At the moment cash flow gone towards a 4770k and a 5960X for a gaming rig, so nothing spare right now, but it might be a consideration in a few months or so? I hope to get one thing cleared before buying anything further for PC hardware as my PC room is overflowing!! :lol:

I've been keeping an eye to the prices of the octo cores on ebay (just for an estimate) but sounds a bit high.. Would it include postage?

At the moment cash flow gone towards a 4770k and a 5960X for a gaming rig, so nothing spare right now, but it might be a consideration in a few months or so? I hope to get one thing cleared before buying anything further for PC hardware as my PC room is overflowing!! :lol:

Yeah, shipping included; but you can always buy my retail i7 5960x on the FS sub-cat. :D

Edit: Just re-read that you have probably bought one already

Beautiful board... does it have all the BIOS options necessary for overclocking BD/PD/all the other D's? i.e. turnong off modules selectively, etc.?

Yeah all is there, even has a header which will allow you to use slow mode, retry and safe mode.

Especially DRAM OC is unmatched, did 32M with Samsungs at 1333MHz 9-11-11-24-1T.

Edited by elmor