HWBOT Community Forums

Luumi - Core i3 6320 @ 4016MHz - 741 marks XTU

Phill

• 1 month later...
742 marks make 166 gpts,741 marks only makes 66.1 gpts.....Is thar a fair system pts for u guys??because for me is clearly NOT!!!

What's really confusing is, when only 1 person had 742, 741 was still like 120 points. But now that 2 or 3 ppl have it, 60 points. :(

742 marks make 166 gpts,741 marks only makes 66.1 gpts.....Is thar a fair system pts for u guys??because for me is clearly NOT!!!

Of course its not fair but thats XTU! I'd rather see it removed altogether but thats never gonna happen, but hopefully PJ and the gang can sort it out with the new points system.

@Massman, do you know the percentage of people that will only use xtu a few times to test there system and not bench anything else, basically not adding anything to the hwbot community apart from boosting the scores unaturally for this particular benchmark.

What's really confusing is, when only 1 person had 742, 741 was still like 120 points. But now that 2 or 3 ppl have it, 60 points. :(

This is because of the rule that equal score gives equal points. So if #1 to #7 has the same score, they all receive points of a #1 position. #8 then gets points like #8.

Of course its not fair but thats XTU! I'd rather see it removed altogether but thats never gonna happen, but hopefully PJ and the gang can sort it out with the new points system.

@Massman, do you know the percentage of people that will only use xtu a few times to test there system and not bench anything else, basically not adding anything to the hwbot community apart from boosting the scores unaturally for this particular benchmark.

Straight from the R7 development thread: "we also added one more parameter in the algorithm design to determine the weight of a benchmark. In short, this parameter will allow us to arbitrarily limit points of certain benchmarks that are over valued. I'm looking at you, XTU." (source).

It's coming ... :celebration:

This is because of the rule that equal score gives equal points. So if #1 to #7 has the same score, they all receive points of a #1 position. #8 then gets points like #8.

Straight from the R7 development thread: "we also added one more parameter in the algorithm design to determine the weight of a benchmark. In short, this parameter will allow us to arbitrarily limit points of certain benchmarks that are over valued. I'm looking at you, XTU." (source).

It's coming ... :celebration:

I wish it went off score instead of the position, like if 742 was first place score and 7 people had it, then 741 was second place and the 8th person had it they'd get second place points. :(