HWBOT Community Forums

Ram recommendations for X99 Benching...

Phill

Having done a little benching with X99, I was wondering if someone might be able to advise a good set of ram for just benching with?

I currently have some E Die G Skill that I have used in both Z170 and X99 which I was quite pleased with (as it was a quad kit) but I was wondering in the light of this B Die ram, is that the best bet or better bet for X99?

I'm also after a 32Gb kit for gaming with, but I'm guessing anything would be good enough for a daily rig? :)

Thanks in advance :)

Thanks for the help :) I'll see if I can find some and how much :)

Think the Trident Z stuff looks good, would hopefully be able to get away with one kit rather than two, as using one X99 for benching and one for daily/gamer..

Figured 32Gb was a good safe amount to have considering the boards only got 4 slots...

EDIT - Just found this stuff - http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-3200c14q-32gtz Is that the stuff you mean?

Edited by Phill

Thanks for the help :) I'll see if I can find some and how much :)

Think the Trident Z stuff looks good, would hopefully be able to get away with one kit rather than two, as using one X99 for benching and one for daily/gamer..

Figured 32Gb was a good safe amount to have considering the boards only got 4 slots...

EDIT - Just found this stuff - http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-3200c14q-32gtz Is that the stuff you mean?

That would be it, but good luck. I ordered one kit that had 2 DOA sticks, the replacement had one DOA stick. Perhaps I was simply unfortunate and there was a bad batch (both kits were from the same retailer).