HWBOT Community Forums

PKBO - Core i7 6950X @ 4610MHz - 2957 marks XTU

Fasttrack

Again ? Guys ?

I cant send you video from this run, iam not a cameraman whitch fanaticaly recording all his life, but okey, here you have video from final build with 1080Ti SLI + bunnying AIO cooler for 120 bucks inside case with water temperature about 35 iddling on 40-45 degree and 1,46 Vcore inside for 4,4 ghz run without throttling whitch i made for customer and new owner of chip..

Compare it with efective loop on default here with ambient 19 C whitch i made for him before final cost solution (39C load, 23 iddle)

And now imagine, how real or not is runn 4600 1,5-1,52V here with ambient 16 at 3 A.M. (15-20c lower iddle and maybe 20-30c lower load compare to AIO)

Also doesnt have screen -> system goes down after submit, but here you can see 4570 picture run PKBO`s XTU score: 2923 marks with a Core i7 6950X

Edited by PKBO

Mate, if you are pushing 1.50-1.52V under water on the 6950X, you are playing Russian roulette.

I am pushing 1.35V at 4.5ghz, XTU stable, and 1.55V under dice at -75c, at 5.0ghz.

Your cpu, your call.

Risky things, very risky.

1.55-1.60V is the absolute max, LN2 users apply.

Broadwell-e is Not Haswell-e in volt tolerance.

Fasttrack, i know its risky (i dont care) and thats all about it, iam not scared to try it, its about own research and VCORE is not only voltage witch affect your final temperature. This is really anoing, because every day i read somethink like this is unbeliveable, this is not real, 1,6V ambient 7700K unreal, 4600 mhz on 6950x unreal, it has to be chiller, SS, etc...

But man, i dont care and if you think that 4600 Mhz on performed water is unreal, lets take a look at my personal gaming rig, not in my bench room, but in my living room, under the table with low speed water pump (still doesnt have aquarello and pump work only low speed) with water temp above 35 and heated ambient too 24 - 25 degree (wife loves it) and low speed 2133 mhz ram @ 3000.

Watch and learn, here you have 4,54 ghz 1,53V even with that daily 24/7 rig..

One time, i will take this setup too bench room, after that, you will see 3000 pts +

** when i saw this, i should pump some new water to system lol :D

And now, its 3.53 AM, hope it is the last time.

Sorry, iam just throwing back whitch i get from you before, no offense ;)

All the magic to get temp lower with high vcore is here, i accidently found it few days ago, before i was using +0,45V for a year like every OC guide recommended.

You can try it next time, maybe you can pass 4,65 on 1,5 if you are able to get 4,5 on 1,35v.

My chip is not so special, 4,4 for 1,35, so you should get more here than me.

Edited by PKBO

• 2 weeks later...

Bad luck for me, but you were right that its risky - especialy when its out of warranty eh.. :)

I dont want to buy RVE 10 today, i want wait for x299 - will try to sell the chip, 1300-1400 should be real for 4,5-4,6 xtu chip i think.

hope x299 will be game changer like skylake ;)

SirTryAlot -> try to lower CPU Input down to 1,6-1,7 -> 2V whitch i used all the time brings me throtling even on 1.38V with same setup. I posted picture on previous page - 1.53Vcore + 1.7 Input brings you same temperature like 1.36 + 1.99.

XTU can handle it, how about another benchmarks i dont know, motherboard died in sleep mode last night.

img: http://forum.hwbot.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=5539&d=1491301568

Edited by PKBO

SirTryAlot -> try to lower CPU Input down to 1,6-1,7 -> 2V whitch i used all the time brings me throtling even on 1.38V with same setup. I posted picture on previous page - 1.53Vcore + 1.7 Input brings you same temperature like 1.36 + 1.99.

XTU can handle it, how about another benchmarks i dont know, motherboard died in sleep mode last night.

Once and for all.

1.7VccIN is inoperable and 110% inadequate to feed even an overclocked 5820K. Period.

Lets not mess the voltages.

VccIN has a role, Vcore another.

We shall not reinvent the wheel here, to justify other things...

Minimum VccIN for 6950X running at 4.6ghz, is 2.01V.

It is math.

It is not theory and BS.

Running UNDER DICE 6950X at 5ghz requires a minimum of 2.05-2.07VccIN, otherwise the chip starves.

Under LN2, both 5960X and 6950X, may require up to 2.2VccIN.

Ask Der8auer, ask Daniel, ask Alex, ask God himself.

Now, for Vcore, well depends on silicon lottery.

Now, repeating again and again that the 6950X...YZKX...what the F*ck it is, manufactured by Nasa especially for PKBO, to run 4.6ghz on ambient water XTU at 4,6ghz with 1.55Volts core, is plain BS. Crap talk.

I am going to eat a snicker.

@Elkim is right.

Every self respected Overclocker must have a ton of these as backup.

PKBO, man, we did not come to this game yesterday.

With my previous account, I was first rookie, novice, enthusiast and Apprentice with 1234 points and n.37 in the world even without LN2.

And never bended a single rule - EVER.

Keep smiling man, but it is you who has a lot to learn.

First lesson -

Don't think that others drink donkey milk.

Carry on lad.

I was gonna say exact same thing. With more vcore and geez 1.5V you need more VCCIN not less sure not "that" less. It has it's formula which I can't remember now but same thing from Haswell-E with certaiN mV of vcore and cache you need the certain amount of VCCIN. Was just googling how much for how much, can't find it, but what I remember from my X99 days is, the I had to push VCCIN to 2V at least to run 5930K around 1.5V.

i posted picture here from my own gaming rig, you can see it, 1,53V vs 1,36V = 98C vs 92C same iddle temperateure 40C and only thing i needed to change was CPU INPUT like on photo.

Please, test it, set it with turbovcore like me and post your result here.

I belive that R5E / Deluxe has same features like your Rampage.

You still telling me its impossible, so why you dont do it ? Just few click of mouse and again, XTU works with this setup with no problem and if forcing 1.7 mb ignores like you sad, why the hell it doesnt burn ?.

Ok man -> 3rd MB in a row -> creepy X99 SOC Force, i have it 1 hour, first time in bios, here you have 1,53Vcore and 1,73 VCCIN in action.

So, still dont wana try it by yourself ?

And here is pic of 4,5 Ghz run, cache and ram default.