HWBOT Community Forums

Thermometer + probes

GeorgeStorm

• Members

Hi,

As above, looking to get some decent probes and a thermometer.

The current probes/thermometer I've got seem to tap out at around -172-4ish.

Been looking at the Voltcraft k102, anyone got anything?

Thanks (I'm based in the UK)

Edit:

Now maybe tempted by a fluke...

Edited by GeorgeStorm

Hi,

As above, looking to get some decent probes and a thermometer.

The current probes/thermometer I've got seem to tap out at around -172-4ish.

Been looking at the Voltcraft k102, anyone got anything?

Thanks (I'm based in the UK)

which thermometer do you have, it could be just the probes.

these are the probes I bought to use with oc panel and they work down to full pot, but they are expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/Fluke-80PK-1-Bead-Probe/dp/B00011Q5PW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1493065010&sr=8-3&keywords=fluke%2Bthermometer%2Bk%2Btype%2Bprobes&th=1

I also have the ones from ek and sf3d and they work to full pot. Also the ones on kpc store work full pot.

not sure about thermometers though, in almost 4 years I have only used oc panel, it might be slow compared to a fluke but it works fine with full pot temps and never had trouble with it. It allows me to put a number on my cold bug, keep within a range under load and does the job

Edited by Strong Island

• Members
which thermometer do you have, it could be just the probes.

these are the probes I bought to use with oc panel and they work down to full pot, but they are expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/Fluke-80PK-1-Bead-Probe/dp/B00011Q5PW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1493065010&sr=8-3&keywords=fluke%2Bthermometer%2Bk%2Btype%2Bprobes&th=1

I also have the ones from ek and sf3d and they work to full pot. Also the ones on kpc store work full pot.

not sure about thermometers though, in almost 4 years I have only used oc panel, it might be slow compared to a fluke but it works fine with full pot temps and never had trouble with it. It allows me to put a number on my cold bug, keep within a range under load and does the job

It's a pretty cheap thermometer, not sure where I got it from actually.

If there was a Kingpingcooling shop in the UK I'd be tempted, but once you add shipping the probes from him are pretty pricey as well :(

It's a pretty cheap thermometer, not sure where I got it from actually.

If there was a Kingpingcooling shop in the UK I'd be tempted, but once you add shipping the probes from him are pretty pricey as well :(

ya I here ya, I am sure someone knows of some good cheap ones. I just only tested those. But they are too much. I usually just bought them when buying other stuff, like when I got ek memory pot and tek 9 fat.

• Members
bunnyextraction thats an awesome price on the Voltcraft, I dont think they'd ship to Australia. @RULE how much do you want for yours, I could always do with a backup.

I know! That's why I'm still tempted (despite being told I should just save and get a fluke :P) also the apparently slow refresh rate of the voltcraft.

If I can't get a fluke for a half decent price then I'll definitely end up getting one.