HWBOT Community Forums

GTX 285 Classified Evbot firmware

Guest Sinebrychof

Guest Sinebrychof

Could anyone help on how to flash evbot firmware using GTX 285 classified card? According to evga guides it should work with it but for me it just says this device is not supported.

Edited by Sinebrychof

Could anyone help on how to flash evbot firmware using GTX 285 classified card? According to evga guides it should work with it but for me it just says this device is not supported.

There was some sort of trick I used to have to do sometimes, like putting evbot into flash mode before opening the flash tool. Or the other way around

Also make sure you install 285 nvidia driver first otherwise wont work.

Guest Sinebrychof
There was some sort of trick I used to have to do sometimes, like putting evbot into flash mode before opening the flash tool. Or the other way around

Also make sure you install 285 nvidia driver first otherwise wont work.

Nope it wont work.

The evbot flash software doesnt support older card than gtx 680.

I tried every version of evbotflashtool and no it wont work, it won't let me open the software saying this device is not supported. Got confirmation from vince as he asked tin and said only cards from 680 and newer work.

I dont know man, I have flashed with my 580 about 20 times, maybe they meant 580 and then it makes sense. Its the main reason I bought my 580, to always have an evbot flash tool.

Did you install driver first?

I have a 285 classy here but my evbot screen is blank and is broken so I cant test.

There is a thread here where natchfalke posted the volt mods for me, they are pretty easy.

http://forum.hwbot.org/showpost.php?p=455785&postcount=5

Edited by Strong Island

Guest Sinebrychof
I dont know man, I have flashed with my 580 about 20 times, maybe they meant 580 and then it makes sense. Its the main reason I bought my 580, to always have an evbot flash tool.

Did you install driver first?

I have a 285 classy here but my evbot screen is blank and is broken so I cant test.

There is a thread here where natchfalke posted the volt mods for me, they are pretty easy.

http://forum.hwbot.org/showpost.php?p=455785&postcount=5

Yes of course installed driver and tried both of the card's bioses. It is on epower already.

Yes of course installed driver and tried both of the card's bioses. It is on epower already.

are you trying to flash it from the epower evbot port, because that is not possible even once connected to the 285. I didnt realize this is what you were doing. Epower wont work with evbot flash tool no matter what card it's connected to, even 680 and beyond. I thought you were trying to flash evbot from the 285 evbot port.

you should have flashed the evbot to the epower firmware with the 285 before making the zombie

Edited by Strong Island

Guest Sinebrychof
are you trying to flash it from the epower evbot port, because that is not possible even once connected to the 285. I didnt realize this is what you were doing. Epower wont work with evbot flash tool no matter what card it's connected to, even 680 and beyond. I thought you were trying to flash evbot from the 285 evbot port.

you should have flashed the evbot to the epower firmware with the 285 before making the zombie

No no.

I tried flashing when it was in original state. Now when I gave up i put epower on it. OF course im not that fool!